Re: NUMBER 600!!!

  • jnbarth
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 30, 2003
      We're having a lot of fun painting and decorating our cans.... don't
      want to give away any secrets, but I hope they will be a bit more
      challenging to find..... watch for some coming caches in the
      Georgetown area!

      Malia

      <wlind@a...> wrote:
      > The one hidden at Fort Hood hide is bright yellow. Didn't help one
      bit.

      camouflage....". :-)
      > > Seriously, the main reason I painted mine was to cover the
      yellow
      > writing
      > > on the can. Also, it might be easier to explain to the
      authorities about
      > > your painted ammo can than one that has .50-cal ammo painted on
      the
      > side.
      > > :-)
      > >
      > > Alan
      > > aka The Diver

      600 finds
      > > > and only
      Sunday so I
      > > > may get

      Service.
    • Mike Seay
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 3, 2003

        I think there is something to be said for quality over quantity. I just happened to notice that while only 5% of the caches that I have found have been placed by you, a full 30% of my top ten list consist of your caches! I’d rather have more caches where clearly a lot of thought and work has gone into laying them out (like Jogmuir’s Quest and the CenTex cache scramble) than one just thrown off by the side of the road! I’ve been brainstorming ideas for a few caches of my own for quite some time now... I know its tough! So I’m impressed that you and many of the others in the geocaching community can come up with so many great ideas!

        With so many ammo cans now floating around the central Texas area, I suspect “cacher’s block” will be unavoidable, however.

        Congrats on reaching the 600th milestone!

        Actually, I think I am the one who should be hiding them. 600 finds and only 7 caches hidden is pretty lame. I painted 3 ammo cans on Sunday so I may get another couple up in the near future.

        Total congrats!!!  We better hide some more caches for you to find!

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 3, 2003
          Thanks for your kind words Mike, I really appreciate it. I normally try to find places, whether on multi caches or single point caches where there is a reason to go there beyond the cache. With all the locations around Central Texas that have scenic views, that is not real hard to do. I have a plan for another multi puzzle cache that I am going to steal from a cacher in the Northeast (borrow it really) and it looks like there is enough interest in the Jogmuir's quest cache that the saga will have to continue, but I want to have a balance of easier and tougher caches. I don't want for everyone in the area to see an new cache of mine pop up and say "Oh no, that @#&@* Wayne stuck another of his miserable, impossible to find, makes my (fill in whatever part(s) of the anatomy apply) hurt caches." With that in mind:

          I am adopting the "Just around the bend" and "Hunt for Stonehenge II" caches for the owners who are moving out of the state.
          While I am out there at Colorado Bend State Park tomorrow, I hope to place another cache out there if I can get approval from the park manager. If so, look for "The Bend at the Bend" to show up shortly. There are 17 miles of hiking trails in this park and only 2 caches, I think we can safely squeeze one more in.
          Candy has located 2 more parks that are prime candidates for YAPIDKAs 5 and 6. I am hoping she will share one of them with me.  :)

          But I have no Virtual caches, and the only mind numingly easy cache I have is YAPIDKA 4, so I need to try to balance my cache portfolio. :)

          Stay tuned,

          Wayne