??

  • austinalie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2004
      hello,

      i am pretty new in this group and was just wondering what is navicache?  is it another cache site on the internet?  this is a bit confusing for me but i am learning fast.

      liberty lady
    • Essiar
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 19, 2004
        Hi Liberty Lady and welcome top the group.
        Navicache.com is an alternative caching site to geocaching.com.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, austinalie@a... wrote:
        > hello,
        >
        > i am pretty new in this group and was just wondering what is
        navicache? is
        > it another cache site on the internet? this is a bit confusing
        for me but i am
        > learning fast.
        >
        > liberty lady
      • Barry Watson
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 19, 2004
          Message
          Is there one geocaching database that is separate from geocaching.com and navicache.com et al?
          Of do they all have their own separate dbs?

          Barry (Doc Geo)
          Hi Liberty Lady and welcome top the group.
          Navicache.com is an alternative caching site to geocaching.com.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, austinalie@a... wrote:
          > hello,
          >
          > i am pretty new in this group and was just wondering what is
          navicache?  is
          > it another cache site on the internet?  this is a bit confusing
          for me but i am
          > learning fast.
          >
          > liberty lady

        • Essiar
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 19, 2004
            Many caches are on both databases. Most that are on Navicache and
            any other caching sites other than gc.com are also posted on gc.com.
            There are certainly exceptions such as the great Roving Blackout and
            the beverage consuming Bottoms Up. Hmmm... I need to find that
            Roving Blackout, its been a while.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Watson"

            wrote:
            > > hello,
            > >
            > > i am pretty new in this group and was just wondering what is
            > navicache? is
            > > it another cache site on the internet? this is a bit confusing
            > for me but i am
            > > learning fast.
            > >
            > > liberty lady
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1298bmkin/M=298184.5584357.6650215.30011
            76/

            D=groups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1100996749/A=2434970/R=0/SIG=11edksnhv/*
            htt
            > p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185402> click here
            >
            > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
            M=298184.5584357.6650215.3001176/D=group
            > s/S=:HM/A=2434970/rand=528757472>
            >

            > _____

            subject=Unsub
            > scribe>

          • semperquestio
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2004
              But to clarify, if I may, they are on both because the cache owners
              put them there. As far as I know, there is no "shared" data base of
              caches anywhere. I do know that NC and GC have separate data bases
              and their sites are run totally independently.

              The main differences are tha the GC site is much larger (more cachers
              and more caches) and has a much more feature-rich site. On the other
              hand NC is much more, shall we say, free-spirited.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>