now, THESE are CEREBRAL!!!!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
      Cybercat in San Antonio said at an event cache recently that our
      caches in Austin are "too cerebral" (well at least that's how I
      remember it.). Folks, we're getting off EASY with that puzzle on ACS
      #1! LOL Take a look at THIS GUY in Georgia:
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=Pendulum

      Makes my head swim just to look at the descriptions!!!

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • Mark Gessner
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
        OK I thought my multi-caches were too hard. I've been holding back.
        Stand by. I have a doozy that I have been reluctant to place. I think
        no one may ever solve it; the puzzle is that tough. I'll put a $100
        bill in it for the first finder.

        On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 06:55 AM, Candy Lind wrote:

        > Cybercat in San Antonio said at an event cache recently that our
        > caches in Austin are "too cerebral" (well at least that's how I
        > remember it.).
      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
          I thought you were unemployed! LOL

          Candy Lind    candylind@...
          I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
          Visit http://www.geocaching.com and see the great outdoors in a new way!
          Talk about geocaching at http://www.txga.net
          Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 7:11 AM
          Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] now, THESE are CEREBRAL!!!!

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
            The correct term is "differently employed." ;-)

            Hey I just thought of something, why are the San Antonio cachers
            grousing about our caches when there are only about say *five* caches
            in their whole city? When they reach our cache quantity, then they can
            start griping our quality! :-)

            -mark
            aka "lowracer"

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
              Actually, the cache count in San Antonio has steadily risen in the last year, and with the influx of new cachers in the last 6 months, I expect SA to explode as Austin did in the last year (witness an increase here from ~150 caches in March 2002 to 500+ today!). Which means we can make more day trips down there to cache! :-D wooHOO!

              Happy Trails,
              Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 7:27 AM

              The correct term is "differently employed." ;-)

              Hey I just thought of something, why are the San Antonio cachers
              grousing about our caches when there are only about say *five* caches
              in their whole city?  When they reach our cache quantity, then they can
              start griping our quality! :-)

              -mark
              aka "lowracer"

              On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 07:14  AM, Candy Lind wrote:

              > I thought you were unemployed! LOL

            • Dan Miner
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
                Wow - this guy is my hero. My first (planned) cache will be a
                typical multicache with a unique(?) twist. But all my other
                caches will make Pendulum's look easy! (Insert evil laugh
                here!) Multicaches with a puzzle at each one...

                After doing ACS#1 (and Cache Confusion, 2pi, Scramble, etc.),
                I think I'll call the series "WhiteShark's Revenge". ;-)

                - Dan (WhiteShark)

              • Dan Miner
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
                  Bring it on!!! WhiteShark's jaws are open and ready to
                  take a bite! The only problem for me is that damned 4
                  letter word: "work".

                  I have wondered about putting that much real cash in a
                  cache. Instead, I will probably put a note in there that
                  can be exchanged for the real cash. That way if it's
                  plundered by a geomuggle, they won't get rewarded for
                  their evil deed.

                  Anyway, I can't wait...

                  - Dan

                • willfulgirl727
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
                    Maybe we should hide some caches for our friends of little intellect
                    down there in San Antonio. ;o)

                    I am completely joking mind you.

                    Mo

                    <candylind@e...> wrote:
                    > Cybercat in San Antonio said at an event cache recently that our
                    > caches in Austin are "too cerebral" (well at least that's how I
                    > remember it.). Folks, we're getting off EASY with that puzzle on
                    ACS
                    > #1! LOL Take a look at THIS GUY in Georgia:
                    > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=Pendulum
                    >
                    > Makes my head swim just to look at the descriptions!!!
                    >
                    > Happy Trails,
                    > Candy
                  • Wayne Lind
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
                      If you think he is bad, check out what you have to do to find the caches hidden by Geometry.

                      Sheesh!

                      <candylind@e...> wrote:
                      > Cybercat in San Antonio said at an event cache recently that our
                      > caches in Austin are "too cerebral" (well at least that's how I
                      > remember it.). Folks, we're getting off EASY with that puzzle on
                      ACS
                      > #1! LOL Take a look at THIS GUY in Georgia:
                      > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=Pendulum
                      >
                      > Makes my head swim just to look at the descriptions!!!
                      >
                      > Happy Trails,
                      > Candy

                    • Dan Miner
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
                        This one is more like what I'm planning:

                        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCB31F

                        - Dan

                        If you think he is bad, check out what you have to do to find the
                        caches hidden by Geometry.

                        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=Geometry

                        Sheesh!