Re: home network

  • Essiar
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 5, 2004
      Wow, I see a "Network the Printer" event cache happening! :-) I'm in
      Wells Branch. Anytime after this weekend would probably be better as
      I have lots of out of town company here right now. Maybe next fri
      before the Essiada mission? If not, sat or sun is fine too. Wow, I'm
      excited at the notion of this actually working!!!

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Watson"
      <bcwatson@h...> wrote:
      > What part of the city do you live in? I'll be in Austin all day
      > tomorrow. I have a wireless network in my home and my kids can
      print to
      > the printer connected to my computer through the network with no
      > problem.
      >
      > (Yes, I set it up myself....)
      >
      > Doc Geo (Barry)

      Typically
      > Linksys
      > > IP addresses are 192.168.1.x. If you see 192.168.254.x check
      your
      > router to
      > > make sure you have the DHCP services enabled.
      > >
      > > I would recommend you set your router to disable broadcast mode
      > and to
      > > enable WEP, but I can't tell you specifically how to do that
      with
      > the
      > > Linksys hardware. You'll have to read the manual for that.
      > >

      > > Sorry,

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129o3vq37/M=281955.5530326.6602771.30011
      76/

      D=groups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1099789553/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12imh1l2c/*
      htt

      p://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=10997031
      532
      > 52075>

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129o3vq37/M=281955.5530326.6602771.30011
      76/

      D=groups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1099789553/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12imh1l2c/*
      htt

      p://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=10997031
      532
      > 52075>
      >

      > Get unlimited calls to
      >
      > U.S./Canada

      <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1
      099
      > 703153252075>
      >
      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=group
      > s/S=:HM/A=2343726/rand=459221056>
      >

      > _____

      subject=Unsub
      > scribe>

    • Barry Watson
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 5, 2004
        Message
        Ok, Austin geocachers, party at Essiar's house...!

        <bcwatson@h...> wrote:
        > What part of the city do you live in?  I'll be in Austin all day
        > tomorrow.  I have a wireless network in my home and my kids can
        print to
        > the printer connected to my computer through the network with no
        > problem.

        > (Yes, I set it up myself....)

        > Doc Geo (Barry)

        subject=Unsub
        > scribe>

      • L. Kevin D.
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2004
          ey, thanks guys. Both of my systems run XP.

        • semperquestio
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 6, 2004
            Yeah, I've done those "wizards" about a zillion times and my wirelss
            laptop and wired desktop still cannot see each other across my
            netgear wireless router. I shuttle all my files by email or via my
            yahoo briefcase. :(

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"