Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Routing info

  • Aphrael
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
      heheh you can do all the caches in Lampasas in about
      an hour...:) none of them are hard, and all of them
      are withing a tight circle..:) let me know..:) I will
      be pacing the floor, my mom is do to arrive that day
      for the holidays...:)

      Aphrael

      --- Alex Alexander <alex.yahoogroups@...>
      wrote:

      > I don't fly back until Sunday, but I"m planning on
      > driving up on Saturday
      > and staying in Ft Worth. Then I'll do the downtown
      > FW virtuals on Sunday
      > morning.
      >
      > If I get an early start Saturday then I should have
      > time to do some caches
      > in Lampasas and then maybe some of those near to
      > Glen Rose.
      >
      > If everything goes to this plan, I'll let you know.
      >
      > Alex.
      >
      > At 12:49 PM 11/3/2004, you wrote:
      > >depends on which side of DFW u want...:) I can get
      > >there in an 2.5 but I like to push the pedal a
      > >little..:) if you take this route tho, theres a
      > bunch
      > >of easy caches in Lampasas, and you can make a
      > pitstop
      > >at Come Visit The Cats, which is my front yard...:)
      > be
      > >happy to see ya and offer up a tea to calm the
      > nerves
      > >of flight...:):):)

    • Essiar
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
        You can park outside any Schlotzkys and get good reception.
        Recently, I just hopped from strip mall to strip mall, suprising how
        many small biz and homes have unsecured networks. Heck, I can sit in
        my house and pick up 6 nets, 1/2 of them unsecured. Starbucks does
        charge a fee via their sbc or tmobile nets. It seems like just about
        every eating/drinking establishment around here has free wifi now.
        Last night when driving past the local chicken wing place (Wings and
        More) they had a new Free Wifi sign hanging up. It seem that in N
        Austin you shouldn't have to drive more than a few blocks at most to
        get a net.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
        <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
        > Well I use my pda and downloaded the WiFi sniffer application from
        Boingo.

        > I'm sure they have a PC version as well. It sniffs out WiFi
        hotspots, if
        > they are free they you hit connect, and it does just that.
        >
        > There are probably more free hotspots in Austin than anywhere else
        I've
        > been. now that many hotels are offering free internet to their
        guests it
        > would be interesting to park up outside one of them and see if you
        can use
        > their internet.
        >
        > alex.
        >

        > At 12:19 PM 11/3/2004, you wrote:
        >
        > >Thanks Alex,
        > >
        > >It took someone from almost halfway around the world to reply.
        > >Sometimes I feel like the black sheepr Austin Geocaching family.
        > >
        > >How do you logon?
      • Kevin Dytrich
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
          Cool!

          Thanks, Steve.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>
          wrote:

          > You can park outside any Schlotzkys and get good reception.
          > Recently, I just hopped from strip mall to strip mall, suprising how
          > many small biz and homes have unsecured networks. Heck, I can sit in
          > my house and pick up 6 nets, 1/2 of them unsecured. Starbucks does
          > charge a fee via their sbc or tmobile nets. It seems like just about
          > every eating/drinking establishment around here has free wifi now.
          > Last night when driving past the local chicken wing place (Wings and
          > More) they had a new Free Wifi sign hanging up. It seem that in N
          > Austin you shouldn't have to drive more than a few blocks at most to
          > get a net.
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
          > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
          > > Well I use my pda and downloaded the WiFi sniffer application from
          > Boingo.
          > >
          > > I'm sure they have a PC version as well. It sniffs out WiFi
          > hotspots, if
          > > they are free they you hit connect, and it does just that.
          > >
          > > There are probably more free hotspots in Austin than anywhere else
          > I've
          > > been. now that many hotels are offering free internet to their
          > guests it
          > > would be interesting to park up outside one of them and see if you
          > can use
          > > their internet.
          > >
          > > alex.
          > >

          > > At 12:19 PM 11/3/2004, you wrote:
          > >
          > > >Thanks Alex,
          > > >
          > > >It took someone from almost halfway around the world to reply.
          > > >Sometimes I feel like the black sheepr Austin Geocaching family.
          > > >
          > > >How do you logon?
        • Grajek
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
            4 hours???? More like 2.5 hours. The speed limits are up to 70MPH now?
            ;)