Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Routing info

  • Alex Alexander
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
      I don't fly back until Sunday, but I"m planning on driving up on Saturday
      and staying in Ft Worth. Then I'll do the downtown FW virtuals on Sunday
      morning.

      If I get an early start Saturday then I should have time to do some caches
      in Lampasas and then maybe some of those near to Glen Rose.

      If everything goes to this plan, I'll let you know.

      Alex.

      At 12:49 PM 11/3/2004, you wrote:
      >depends on which side of DFW u want...:) I can get to
      >there in an 2.5 but I like to push the pedal a
      >little..:) if you take this route tho, theres a bunch
      >of easy caches in Lampasas, and you can make a pitstop
      >at Come Visit The Cats, which is my front yard...:) be
      >happy to see ya and offer up a tea to calm the nerves
      >of flight...:):):)
    • Aphrael
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
        heheh you can do all the caches in Lampasas in about
        an hour...:) none of them are hard, and all of them
        are withing a tight circle..:) let me know..:) I will
        be pacing the floor, my mom is do to arrive that day
        for the holidays...:)

        Aphrael

        --- Alex Alexander <alex.yahoogroups@...>
        wrote:

        > I don't fly back until Sunday, but I"m planning on
        > driving up on Saturday
        > and staying in Ft Worth. Then I'll do the downtown
        > FW virtuals on Sunday
        > morning.
        >
        > If I get an early start Saturday then I should have
        > time to do some caches
        > in Lampasas and then maybe some of those near to
        > Glen Rose.
        >
        > If everything goes to this plan, I'll let you know.
        >
        > Alex.
        >
        > At 12:49 PM 11/3/2004, you wrote:
        > >depends on which side of DFW u want...:) I can get
        > >there in an 2.5 but I like to push the pedal a
        > >little..:) if you take this route tho, theres a
        > bunch
        > >of easy caches in Lampasas, and you can make a
        > pitstop
        > >at Come Visit The Cats, which is my front yard...:)
        > be
        > >happy to see ya and offer up a tea to calm the
        > nerves
        > >of flight...:):):)

      • Essiar
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
          You can park outside any Schlotzkys and get good reception.
          Recently, I just hopped from strip mall to strip mall, suprising how
          many small biz and homes have unsecured networks. Heck, I can sit in
          my house and pick up 6 nets, 1/2 of them unsecured. Starbucks does
          charge a fee via their sbc or tmobile nets. It seems like just about
          every eating/drinking establishment around here has free wifi now.
          Last night when driving past the local chicken wing place (Wings and
          More) they had a new Free Wifi sign hanging up. It seem that in N
          Austin you shouldn't have to drive more than a few blocks at most to
          get a net.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
          <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
          > Well I use my pda and downloaded the WiFi sniffer application from
          Boingo.

          > I'm sure they have a PC version as well. It sniffs out WiFi
          hotspots, if
          > they are free they you hit connect, and it does just that.
          >
          > There are probably more free hotspots in Austin than anywhere else
          I've
          > been. now that many hotels are offering free internet to their
          guests it
          > would be interesting to park up outside one of them and see if you
          can use
          > their internet.
          >
          > alex.
          >

          > At 12:19 PM 11/3/2004, you wrote:
          >
          > >Thanks Alex,
          > >
          > >It took someone from almost halfway around the world to reply.
          > >Sometimes I feel like the black sheepr Austin Geocaching family.
          > >
          > >How do you logon?
        • Kevin Dytrich
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
            Cool!

            Thanks, Steve.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>
            wrote:

            > You can park outside any Schlotzkys and get good reception.
            > Recently, I just hopped from strip mall to strip mall, suprising how
            > many small biz and homes have unsecured networks. Heck, I can sit in
            > my house and pick up 6 nets, 1/2 of them unsecured. Starbucks does
            > charge a fee via their sbc or tmobile nets. It seems like just about
            > every eating/drinking establishment around here has free wifi now.
            > Last night when driving past the local chicken wing place (Wings and
            > More) they had a new Free Wifi sign hanging up. It seem that in N
            > Austin you shouldn't have to drive more than a few blocks at most to
            > get a net.
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
            > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
            > > Well I use my pda and downloaded the WiFi sniffer application from
            > Boingo.
            > >
            > > I'm sure they have a PC version as well. It sniffs out WiFi
            > hotspots, if
            > > they are free they you hit connect, and it does just that.
            > >
            > > There are probably more free hotspots in Austin than anywhere else
            > I've
            > > been. now that many hotels are offering free internet to their
            > guests it
            > > would be interesting to park up outside one of them and see if you
            > can use
            > > their internet.
            > >
            > > alex.
            > >

            > > At 12:19 PM 11/3/2004, you wrote:
            > >
            > > >Thanks Alex,
            > > >
            > > >It took someone from almost halfway around the world to reply.
            > > >Sometimes I feel like the black sheepr Austin Geocaching family.
            > > >
            > > >How do you logon?
          • Grajek
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
              4 hours???? More like 2.5 hours. The speed limits are up to 70MPH now?
              ;)