Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] I am going to Italy and Czech Republic and want to geocache over there..need some help

  • Alex Alexander
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25 8:41 AM
      At 03:45 25/06/2003, you wrote:
      >These are some of the cities and sites I will be in. I need help locating
      >caches near these areas. I have maps of the areas, but I am not sure how
      >to find caches in that area without coordinates or something. I have done
      >searches, but its hard to figure out if the caches are anywhere near the
      >area we will be staying in. i am so confused because these are little out
      >of the way cities we will be staying in. We will just take day trips to
      >the bigger cities. I would like to takes some travel bugs and geocoins
      >over there and leave some of TEXAS in Europe. We will be there from July
      >5-20 for 2 different soccer tournaments my girls are playing in.
      >thanks for your help and suggestions in advance!!!
      >Gadget Girl
      >
      >N 45° 26.069 E 012° 20.332 (a set of Italy coords.)
      >
      >Cities or sites we will be at in Italy below:

      Hi,

      Hopefully some useful advice from someone who has been to both Italy and
      Czech Republic many times. You don't say if you will have your own
      transport. If you do, that will make a big difference.

      In Venice there are four caches. Three of them are virtuals. "The Snail"
      is nice and the series Death in Venice is great to get you around some of
      the more unusual sights of the city.
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e87ca285-0fca-470f-b869-669cd1321356
      It's great fun and will take up most of a full day.

      >Ceske Budejovice

      There aren't any caches around Ceske Budejovice but it is the home of the
      original Budweiser. You will get fed up of people there telling you
      that. But it's great beer.

      There are quire a lot of caches in Prague now. We haven't been there since
      we started geoaching so I don't know much about any of them. Except
      "Panorama" which was set by a friend of mine. That gets good
      reviews. Prague is my favourite city in the whole world. Just keep away
      from the bars and cafes in the main tourist spots and you will be fine.

      Have a great time.

      Cheers
      Alex (& Kim)