Re: Balcones Canyon rumor alert....

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
      Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous BCCP
      properties, including one that borders my house and many are already
      off limits.

      Robert

      <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
      > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
      page titled "rumors".

    • semperquestio
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
        That's all I have jsut now. Doing some poking around to see if I
        can get any validation or hint of what may be going on. The link
        was just to the BCCP for info - not this rumor. There is nothing
        official anywhere about this "proposal" - yet, anyway.

        <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
        > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
        page titled "rumors".

      • semperquestio
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
          Sorry, not REAL familiar with the system. The area, as I understand
          it, is in the St Edwards Park area south of Bull Creek. How much of
          an area, I don't know. Does that help?

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert"
          <robert.barron@g...> wrote:
          > Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous
          BCCP
          > properties, including one that borders my house and many are
          already
          > off limits.
          >
          > Robert
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
          ra5686
          > <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
          > > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
          > page titled "rumors".

        • Tony Fannin
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
            The biggest part of St Ed's Park is south of Bull Creek. This would
            eliminate several caches. One of mine included.

            Tony

            <robert.barron@g...> wrote:
            > Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous
            BCCP
            > properties, including one that borders my house and many are
            already
            > off limits.
            >
            > Robert
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
            ra5686
            > <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
            > > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
            > page titled "rumors".

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Wayne Lind
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
              Great, the only decent park in the northwest part of the city, and they are
              going to cut it to pieces.

              <robert.barron@g...> wrote:
              > Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous
              BCCP
              > properties, including one that borders my house and many are
              already
              > off limits.
              >
              > Robert
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
              ra5686
              > <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
              > > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
              > page titled "rumors".

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Essiar
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                Sorry guys but it's my fault they're going to destroy that park.

                <wlind@a...> wrote:
                > Great, the only decent park in the northwest part of the city, and
                they are
                > going to cut it to pieces.

                Service.

                > Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Robert
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                  Sort of, but there's a lot we don't know. For starters, though a
                  portion of St. Edwards of south of Bull Creek, there are two parts of
                  that slice of St. Edwards. A triangle of land on the south side is
                  currently completely open. That is where the caches are I believe.
                  There is also some land outside of that triangle, fenced off, with
                  one, maybe more, entrances with a sign declaring that it's part of
                  the preserve system. What they MIGHT be considering is closing off
                  access to the St. Edwards preserve portion of the land.

                  One might still be disappointed in this, but caching is not allowed
                  on that land today. So there would be no net loss to geocaching IF
                  that is what they are considering.

                  Robert
                  http://www.austinexplorer.com/geocaching/

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio"
                  <hwwhitehead@y...> wrote:
                  > Sorry, not REAL familiar with the system. The area, as I
                  understand
                  > it, is in the St Edwards Park area south of Bull Creek. How much
                  of
                  > an area, I don't know. Does that help?
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert"
                  > <robert.barron@g...> wrote:
                  > > Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous
                  > BCCP
                  > > properties, including one that borders my house and many are
                  > already
                  > > off limits.
                  > >
                  > > Robert
                  > >
                  > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
                  > ra5686
                  > > <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                  > > > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
                  > > page titled "rumors".

                • Wayne Lind
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                    Hmmm, I might have guessed.

                    <wlind@a...> wrote:
                    > Great, the only decent park in the northwest part of the city, and
                    they are
                    > going to cut it to pieces.

                    Service.

                  • semperquestio
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                      Of course, this IS Austin, but so far as I know this is RUMOR ONLY.
                      If I hear any more I'll be sure to keep you posted.