RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Balcones Canyon rumor alert....

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
      Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the page titled "rumors".

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
        Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous BCCP
        properties, including one that borders my house and many are already
        off limits.

        Robert

        <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
        > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
        page titled "rumors".

      • semperquestio
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
          That's all I have jsut now. Doing some poking around to see if I
          can get any validation or hint of what may be going on. The link
          was just to the BCCP for info - not this rumor. There is nothing
          official anywhere about this "proposal" - yet, anyway.

          <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
          > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
          page titled "rumors".

        • semperquestio
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
            Sorry, not REAL familiar with the system. The area, as I understand
            it, is in the St Edwards Park area south of Bull Creek. How much of
            an area, I don't know. Does that help?

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert"
            <robert.barron@g...> wrote:
            > Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous
            BCCP
            > properties, including one that borders my house and many are
            already
            > off limits.
            >
            > Robert
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
            ra5686
            > <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
            > > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
            > page titled "rumors".

          • Tony Fannin
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
              The biggest part of St Ed's Park is south of Bull Creek. This would
              eliminate several caches. One of mine included.

              Tony

              <robert.barron@g...> wrote:
              > Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous
              BCCP
              > properties, including one that borders my house and many are
              already
              > off limits.
              >
              > Robert
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
              ra5686
              > <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
              > > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
              > page titled "rumors".

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                Great, the only decent park in the northwest part of the city, and they are
                going to cut it to pieces.

                <robert.barron@g...> wrote:
                > Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous
                BCCP
                > properties, including one that borders my house and many are
                already
                > off limits.
                >
                > Robert
                >
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
                ra5686
                > <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                > > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
                > page titled "rumors".

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Essiar
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                  Sorry guys but it's my fault they're going to destroy that park.

                  <wlind@a...> wrote:
                  > Great, the only decent park in the northwest part of the city, and
                  they are
                  > going to cut it to pieces.

                  Service.

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Robert
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                    Sort of, but there's a lot we don't know. For starters, though a
                    portion of St. Edwards of south of Bull Creek, there are two parts of
                    that slice of St. Edwards. A triangle of land on the south side is
                    currently completely open. That is where the caches are I believe.
                    There is also some land outside of that triangle, fenced off, with
                    one, maybe more, entrances with a sign declaring that it's part of
                    the preserve system. What they MIGHT be considering is closing off
                    access to the St. Edwards preserve portion of the land.

                    One might still be disappointed in this, but caching is not allowed
                    on that land today. So there would be no net loss to geocaching IF
                    that is what they are considering.

                    Robert
                    http://www.austinexplorer.com/geocaching/

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio"
                    <hwwhitehead@y...> wrote:
                    > Sorry, not REAL familiar with the system. The area, as I
                    understand
                    > it, is in the St Edwards Park area south of Bull Creek. How much
                    of
                    > an area, I don't know. Does that help?
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert"
                    > <robert.barron@g...> wrote:
                    > > Also, which BCCP property and which creek? Travis has numerous
                    > BCCP
                    > > properties, including one that borders my house and many are
                    > already
                    > > off limits.
                    > >
                    > > Robert
                    > >
                    > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
                    > ra5686
                    > > <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                    > > > Can you give us the executive summary? There is no link on the
                    > > page titled "rumors".

                  • Wayne Lind
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                      Hmmm, I might have guessed.

                      <wlind@a...> wrote:
                      > Great, the only decent park in the northwest part of the city, and
                      they are
                      > going to cut it to pieces.

                      Service.

                    • semperquestio
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
                        Of course, this IS Austin, but so far as I know this is RUMOR ONLY.
                        If I hear any more I'll be sure to keep you posted.