Re: Pick on Essiar Day

  • joanwhistler
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
      I do hope you know I was only kidding, Steve! I just thought since
      everyone was teasing you for being a lazy old couch potato I wanted
      to defend my/our age group! In fact I wrote that msg BEFORE I even
      read the "defense of the Monster" post. And I'm not going to take
      sides on that issue ... just like I won't put a Kerry or Bush sticker
      on my car! No use getting half the community mad at me for no good
      reason! Let's all just shake hands and agree to disagree. And I hope
      you feel better soon.

      Joan

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>
      wrote:
      > I like it! Actually I love the idea of selecting a victim from time
      > to time and blaming everything bad in life on him/her. And
      certainly
      > I deserve to be that victim today, especially after my Defense of
      > the Monster post and my whining about riding a bike for 10 miles.
      > Heck, let's make it a week long thing! A matter of fact, although I
      > am home feeling ill today, this might be just the thing to get me
      up
      > and out. I think I'll get up and kick my own ass. Yeah, that's the
      > ticket! Ouch! Damn Essiar, that hurt! OK everyone, take advantage
      of
      > this. Blame me for everything. I mean it! Just don't drag it out
      > more than a week please. OK, I'm ready... go for it!
    • Randell Pitts
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
        I'm suggesting a group hug- can't we all just get aloing?!?

        Heck, we can even make it an event, so those so inclined can get a smiley!

        wrote:
        > I like it! Actually I love the idea of selecting a victim from time
        > to time and blaming everything bad in life on him/her. And
        certainly
        > I deserve to be that victim today, especially after my Defense of
        > the Monster post and my whining about riding a bike for 10 miles.
        > Heck, let's make it a week long thing! A matter of fact, although I
        > am home feeling ill today, this might be just the thing to get me
        up
        > and out. I think I'll get up and kick my own ass. Yeah, that's the
        > ticket! Ouch! Damn Essiar, that hurt! OK everyone, take advantage
        of
        > this. Blame me for everything. I mean it! Just don't drag it out
        > more than a week please. OK, I'm ready... go for it!

      • Essiar
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
          Yes, of course I knew you were kidding, gosh, a few people have
          emailed me and were concerned that I was genuinely upset about
          the "Pick on Essiar Day". I appreciate your concern BUT I really
          meant it! I think it would be fun to get blasted (good naturedly of
          course, for I would never attack anyone in a public domain, would
          I?) :-) Go for it, vent your frustrations, that pent up anger,
          unleash it all. I can take it, really!
          OK, if the bike ride is on a weekend that I don't have Lil Es (50/50
          odds)I will attempt to break out my very old, rusty, broken, flat
          tire, 500 lb Wal-Mart bicycle and go for it. I prefer that recumbent
          bike that Lowracer pointed out, especially the model with the beer
          holder and built in ashtray but my old Bessie will have to do. Now I
          need to go to pray that the bike ride is on a weekend that I have
          Lil Es. :-)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "joanwhistler"

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
            :-)

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Randell Pitts
            <agfltmedic@y...> wrote:
            > I'm suggesting a group hug- can't we all just get aloing?!?
            >
            > Heck, we can even make it an event, so those so inclined can get a
            smiley!

            > joanwhistler <joanwhistler@y...> wrote:
            > I do hope you know I was only kidding, Steve! I just thought since
            > everyone was teasing you for being a lazy old couch potato I
            wanted
            > to defend my/our age group! In fact I wrote that msg BEFORE I even
            > read the "defense of the Monster" post. And I'm not going to take
            > sides on that issue ... just like I won't put a Kerry or Bush
            sticker
            > on my car! No use getting half the community mad at me for no good
            > reason! Let's all just shake hands and agree to disagree. And I
            hope
            > you feel better soon.
            >
            > Joan
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar"
            <essiar@t...>
            > wrote:
            > > I like it! Actually I love the idea of selecting a victim from
            time
            > > to time and blaming everything bad in life on him/her. And
            > certainly
            > > I deserve to be that victim today, especially after my Defense
            of
            > > the Monster post and my whining about riding a bike for 10
            miles.
            > > Heck, let's make it a week long thing! A matter of fact,
            although I
            > > am home feeling ill today, this might be just the thing to get
            me
            > up
            > > and out. I think I'll get up and kick my own ass. Yeah, that's
            the
            > > ticket! Ouch! Damn Essiar, that hurt! OK everyone, take
            advantage
            > of
            > > this. Blame me for everything. I mean it! Just don't drag it out
            > > more than a week please. OK, I'm ready... go for it!
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.
          • gbmorrow
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
              Ok Steve, you asked for it!

              Here's my gripe!

              .

              .

              .

              .

              You've gone and driven me to drink!!!

              .

              .

              .

              (OK, I've tried to get a couple of other local cachers to drive me to
              drink...but they were just too busy trying to find more caches...)

              SO THERE!
            • Megindler@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
                Now Steve, if I blame you for everything Grajek will get off scott free and we can't have that!   ;o)
              • Karen
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
                  Does that mean he's the Designated driver?
                    OK, Steve, why did you have to mess up my office computer, put one
                    car in the shop (again!), cause another one to have problems, AND
                    make my husband sick? And that's just a FEW of my compaints from this
                    week! Can't you use your power for the Good Side for a change??? ;-)

                    wrote:
                    > I like it! Actually I love the idea of selecting a victim from time
                    > to time and blaming everything bad in life on him/her. And
                    certainly
                    > I deserve to be that victim today, especially after my Defense of
                    > the Monster post and my whining about riding a bike for 10 miles.
                    > Heck, let's make it a week long thing! A matter of fact, although I
                    > am home feeling ill today, this might be just the thing to get me
                    up
                    > and out. I think I'll get up and kick my own ass. Yeah, that's the
                    > ticket! Ouch! Damn Essiar, that hurt! OK everyone, take advantage
                    of
                    > this. Blame me for everything. I mean it! Just don't drag it out
                    > more than a week please. OK, I'm ready... go for it!
                  • Kevin Mefford
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
                      That reminds me...our car had a flat this morning...thanks a lot Essiar!!!

                      wrote:
                      > I like it! Actually I love the idea of selecting a victim from time
                      > to time and blaming everything bad in life on him/her. And
                      certainly
                      > I deserve to be that victim today, especially after my Defense of
                      > the Monster post and my whining about riding a bike for 10 miles.
                      > Heck, let's make it a week long thing! A matter of fact, although I
                      > am home feeling ill today, this might be just the thing to get me
                      up
                      > and out. I think I'll get up and kick my own ass. Yeah, that's the
                      > ticket! Ouch! Damn Essiar, that hurt! OK everyone, take advantage
                      of
                      > this. Blame me for everything. I mean it! Just don't drag it out
                      > more than a week please. OK, I'm ready... go for it!

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • Grajek
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004

                        Oh come on, I was looking at a week off. Darn it.  :-)

                        Now Steve, if I blame you for everything Grajek will get off scott free and we can't have that!   ;o)

                        ---
                        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                        ---

                      • Essiar
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
                          But it's my fault that Grajek breaks everything!

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Megindler@a... wrote:
                          > Now Steve, if I blame you for everything Grajek will get off scott
                          free and
                          > we can't have that! ;o)
                        • Essiar
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
                            >OK, Steve, why did you have to mess up my office computer

                            I think it caught a virus from me. I've been feeling rotten all day,
                            sorry.

                            >, put one car in the shop (again!), cause another one to have
                            problems,

                            Beacuse I care about you and wanted you to get more exercise.

                            > AND make my husband sick?

                            So you'd spend more time with me. :-)