Re: Cycling Event! Who's Interested ?

  • joanwhistler
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
      In the spirit of "Pick on Essiar" Day, I have to say I'm interested
      in this ride ... cause not all of us "senior citizens" are too lazy
      to get out there and pedal a bike esp. when there are caches and good
      company there too! You know, you're only as old as you feel, Steve.
      (Of course, AFTER the 10 mile bike ride I may feel over 70 instead of
      over 50!)
      Joan
      UGoGirl

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>
      wrote:
      > Now you're talking my language. Do they have a model recumbant bike
      > with a motor?
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer
      > <lowracer@a...> wrote:
      > > Steve,
      > >
      > > What you need is a recumbent bike. You're never too old or too
      > outta
      > > shape to ride a recumbent.
      > > Here's a good model for an old geezer like you:
      > >
      > > http://www.lightningbikes.com/F-90%20Chassis%20copy.jpeg
      > >
      > > You can get these with the combo beer holder and ash tray option.
      > > (Note, the smaller front wheel means you're always going
      downhill.)

      > > -mark
      > >
      > > On Sep 30, 2004, at 4:31 PM, Essiar wrote:
      > >
      > > > OK, no red wagon. ;-(  Can I sit on the handlebars? How about a
      > > > Harley? Dang, I can see this is one event I'm just too old to
      > take
      > > > part in. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can borrow Lil Es' tiny bike with
      > 12"
      > > > tires if it's all downhill! :-)
    • Katt
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
        > In the spirit of "Pick on Essiar" Day, I have to say..

        Rats! I don't know him well enought to participate in the day!

        In the spirit of cycling...

        If the date matches, Kimberly and I will be riding and Ben will
        tagalong in a his "it can't be cool if mom wants to do it" way. I
        already have the baby seat attached to the bike...helmets to fit
        all...no spandex currently availabe.

        Tami