RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Handing off a TB

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      That is true, but in that case, there is no way to track the miles the TB
      travelled. Leaving it in a local cache (even if it is only on paper) puts a
      stake in the ground that mileage can be measured from. If Cindy picked this
      up in Cleveland, brings it back to Austin, and her friend takes it Salt Lake
      City, without leaving it in an Austin cache will make the TB look as if it
      went from Cleveland straight to Salt Lake City.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        Thanks guys,

        That's what I thought I needed to do, but I wasn't sure if it was
        okay to do it that way. Thanks for the confirmation. And, as for
        mileage, it would be even worse in terms of losing mileage --
        Philadelphia to DC via Austin. :-(

        Cindy

        <wlind@a...> wrote:
        > That is true, but in that case, there is no way to track the miles
        the TB
        > travelled. Leaving it in a local cache (even if it is only on
        paper) puts a
        > stake in the ground that mileage can be measured from. If Cindy
        picked this
        > up in Cleveland, brings it back to Austin, and her friend takes it
        Salt Lake
        > City, without leaving it in an Austin cache will make the TB look
        as if it
        > went from Cleveland straight to Salt Lake City.

      • semperquestio
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          That's true. Just giving alternatives. :)

          Reminds of that huge debate in the GC forums a while back about
          tracking the physical handling of bugs or the traveling of the bug.
          Funny how passionate people got on that topic! I personally don't
          care which way my bug is tracked (only 1 so far) just as long as it
          moves (which it hasn't for almost a month now).