Re: Handing off a TB

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      A real easy option is that the other person simply goes into GC,
      pulls up the TB, and does a "grab" from you.

      Howard

    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        That is true, but in that case, there is no way to track the miles the TB
        travelled. Leaving it in a local cache (even if it is only on paper) puts a
        stake in the ground that mileage can be measured from. If Cindy picked this
        up in Cleveland, brings it back to Austin, and her friend takes it Salt Lake
        City, without leaving it in an Austin cache will make the TB look as if it
        went from Cleveland straight to Salt Lake City.

        A real easy option is that the other person simply goes into GC,
        pulls up the TB, and does a "grab" from you.

        Howard

      • myemaillists
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          Thanks guys,

          That's what I thought I needed to do, but I wasn't sure if it was
          okay to do it that way. Thanks for the confirmation. And, as for
          mileage, it would be even worse in terms of losing mileage --
          Philadelphia to DC via Austin. :-(

          Cindy

          <wlind@a...> wrote:
          > That is true, but in that case, there is no way to track the miles
          the TB
          > travelled. Leaving it in a local cache (even if it is only on
          paper) puts a
          > stake in the ground that mileage can be measured from. If Cindy
          picked this
          > up in Cleveland, brings it back to Austin, and her friend takes it
          Salt Lake
          > City, without leaving it in an Austin cache will make the TB look
          as if it
          > went from Cleveland straight to Salt Lake City.

        • semperquestio
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            That's true. Just giving alternatives. :)

            Reminds of that huge debate in the GC forums a while back about
            tracking the physical handling of bugs or the traveling of the bug.
            Funny how passionate people got on that topic! I personally don't
            care which way my bug is tracked (only 1 so far) just as long as it
            moves (which it hasn't for almost a month now).