RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Handing off a TB

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      The best way I know is to "drop" it in a nearby cache and let your friend
      "pick it up". The physical transfer has already taken place, this is just
      the paperwork part.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        A real easy option is that the other person simply goes into GC,
        pulls up the TB, and does a "grab" from you.

        Howard

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          That is true, but in that case, there is no way to track the miles the TB
          travelled. Leaving it in a local cache (even if it is only on paper) puts a
          stake in the ground that mileage can be measured from. If Cindy picked this
          up in Cleveland, brings it back to Austin, and her friend takes it Salt Lake
          City, without leaving it in an Austin cache will make the TB look as if it
          went from Cleveland straight to Salt Lake City.

          A real easy option is that the other person simply goes into GC,
          pulls up the TB, and does a "grab" from you.

          Howard

        • myemaillists
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            Thanks guys,

            That's what I thought I needed to do, but I wasn't sure if it was
            okay to do it that way. Thanks for the confirmation. And, as for
            mileage, it would be even worse in terms of losing mileage --
            Philadelphia to DC via Austin. :-(

            Cindy

            <wlind@a...> wrote:
            > That is true, but in that case, there is no way to track the miles
            the TB
            > travelled. Leaving it in a local cache (even if it is only on
            paper) puts a
            > stake in the ground that mileage can be measured from. If Cindy
            picked this
            > up in Cleveland, brings it back to Austin, and her friend takes it
            Salt Lake
            > City, without leaving it in an Austin cache will make the TB look
            as if it
            > went from Cleveland straight to Salt Lake City.

          • semperquestio
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
              That's true. Just giving alternatives. :)

              Reminds of that huge debate in the GC forums a while back about
              tracking the physical handling of bugs or the traveling of the bug.
              Funny how passionate people got on that topic! I personally don't
              care which way my bug is tracked (only 1 so far) just as long as it
              moves (which it hasn't for almost a month now).