Handing off a TB

  • myemaillists
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
      Long story short, I had a travel bug that needed to get somewhere
      else, and I just handed it off to someone rather than dropping it
      off somewhere, as time was short. How do I transfer it to him? Do
      I make a virtual drop somewhere? If so, any recommendations on how
      I should pick where?

      Thanks.

      Cindy
    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        The best way I know is to "drop" it in a nearby cache and let your friend
        "pick it up". The physical transfer has already taken place, this is just
        the paperwork part.

        Long story short, I had a travel bug that needed to get somewhere
        else, and I just handed it off to someone rather than dropping it
        off somewhere, as time was short. How do I transfer it to him? Do
        I make a virtual drop somewhere? If so, any recommendations on how
        I should pick where?

        Thanks.

        Cindy

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • semperquestio
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          A real easy option is that the other person simply goes into GC,
          pulls up the TB, and does a "grab" from you.

          Howard

        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            That is true, but in that case, there is no way to track the miles the TB
            travelled. Leaving it in a local cache (even if it is only on paper) puts a
            stake in the ground that mileage can be measured from. If Cindy picked this
            up in Cleveland, brings it back to Austin, and her friend takes it Salt Lake
            City, without leaving it in an Austin cache will make the TB look as if it
            went from Cleveland straight to Salt Lake City.

            A real easy option is that the other person simply goes into GC,
            pulls up the TB, and does a "grab" from you.

            Howard

          • myemaillists
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
              Thanks guys,

              That's what I thought I needed to do, but I wasn't sure if it was
              okay to do it that way. Thanks for the confirmation. And, as for
              mileage, it would be even worse in terms of losing mileage --
              Philadelphia to DC via Austin. :-(

              Cindy

              <wlind@a...> wrote:
              > That is true, but in that case, there is no way to track the miles
              the TB
              > travelled. Leaving it in a local cache (even if it is only on
              paper) puts a
              > stake in the ground that mileage can be measured from. If Cindy
              picked this
              > up in Cleveland, brings it back to Austin, and her friend takes it
              Salt Lake
              > City, without leaving it in an Austin cache will make the TB look
              as if it
              > went from Cleveland straight to Salt Lake City.

            • semperquestio
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
                That's true. Just giving alternatives. :)

                Reminds of that huge debate in the GC forums a while back about
                tracking the physical handling of bugs or the traveling of the bug.
                Funny how passionate people got on that topic! I personally don't
                care which way my bug is tracked (only 1 so far) just as long as it
                moves (which it hasn't for almost a month now).