Cycling Event! Who's Interested?

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
      Message
      Gang, I'm thinking of setting up a bicycling event related to one of my Cycle Central Texas series of caches.  The bike ride would be a fairly easy 10 miles or so (It's not as far as you think!  You could do it!) probably some nice fall Sunday afternoon with dinner at the end.  It would be something you could do on a mountain bike or road bike.  Anyone who wanted could go a longer distance.  The roads would be nice, safe country roads with little traffic.

      Is anyone interested in doing something like this?

    • m771401
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
        I would be.

        --Jason
        (Geek-Qualizer)

        <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
        > Gang, I'm thinking of setting up a bicycling event related to one of
        my Cycle Central Texas series of caches. The bike ride would be a
        fairly easy 10 miles or so (It's not as far as you think! You could
        do it!) probably some nice fall Sunday afternoon with dinner at the
        end. It would be something you could do on a mountain bike or road
        bike. Anyone who wanted could go a longer distance. The roads would
        be nice, safe country roads with little traffic.

        > Is anyone interested in doing something like this?
        >
        > Julie
        > Mrs. Captain Picard
      • Happ Chris-rxpx40
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
          Message
          Julie offers:
          Gang, I'm thinking of setting up a bicycling event related to one of my Cycle Central Texas series of caches.  The bike ride would be a fairly easy 10 miles or so (It's not as far as you think!  You could do it!) probably some nice fall Sunday afternoon with dinner at the end.  It would be something you could do on a mountain bike or road bike.  Anyone who wanted could go a longer distance.  The roads would be nice, safe country roads with little traffic.

          Is anyone interested in doing something like this?

          *Yes! Can I ride *my* bike?

          Chris
        • Trey Bielefeld
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
            Message
            I'm interested & would probably go further than 10 miles too.

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
              Message
              Hmmm.  Are you going to be running over MY bikers?  Are you going to get done first and complain about our slow riders?  Are you going to try to sit with our group in your leather while we're in our spandex (DON'T PANIC, PEOPLE!  SPANDEX IS NOT REQUIRED OR DESIRED IN ALL CASES!!!!!!)?

              Actually, if you'd be willing to ride the WHOLE Cycle Central Texas route and tell people how pretty is it and encourage them to do it, that'd be great!

              I suppose we'd let you come..........

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                Message
                I was actually thinking Creek Road  in Dripping Springs and eating at Nutty Brown Cafe.
                Sounds like fun. Which one did you have in mind?
                Gang, I'm thinking of setting up a bicycling event related to one of my Cycle Central Texas series of caches.  The bike ride would be a fairly easy 10 miles or so (It's not as far as you think!  You could do it!) probably some nice fall Sunday afternoon with dinner at the end.  It would be something you could do on a mountain bike or road bike.  Anyone who wanted could go a longer distance.  The roads would be nice, safe country roads with little traffic.

                Is anyone interested in doing something like this?

              • Wayne Lind
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                  Message
                  Sounds like fun. Which one did you have in mind?
                  Gang, I'm thinking of setting up a bicycling event related to one of my Cycle Central Texas series of caches.  The bike ride would be a fairly easy 10 miles or so (It's not as far as you think!  You could do it!) probably some nice fall Sunday afternoon with dinner at the end.  It would be something you could do on a mountain bike or road bike.  Anyone who wanted could go a longer distance.  The roads would be nice, safe country roads with little traffic.

                  Is anyone interested in doing something like this?

                • buzzardcheater
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                    Depending on the weekend (conflicts, conflicts), I'd be interested
                    in doing this.

                    <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                    > I was actually thinking Creek Road in Dripping Springs and eating
                    at Nutty Brown Cafe.

                    Interested?

                    > Sounds like fun. Which one did you have in mind?

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129a43svj/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
                    76/D=groups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1096662215/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf
                    6/*http://companion.yahoo.com> click here
                    > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                    M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=411176
                    048>

                    > _____

                    subject=Unsubscribe>

                  • Megindler@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                      I am!  I'll have to see if I can get a kitchen pass or a baby-sitter so Mr. Big Mo could go too.  Keep us posted!
                    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                        Message
                        I imagine it would be something your kids could do, too!  Bring them!
                        I am!  I'll have to see if I can get a kitchen pass or a baby-sitter so Mr. Big Mo could go too.  Keep us posted!

                      • Essiar
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                          Can you pull me behind in a little red wagon? :-)

                          <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                          > I imagine it would be something your kids could do, too! Bring
                          them!
                          > Julie

                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293qpsa2/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
                          76/D=groups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1096662738/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf
                          6/*http://companion.yahoo.com> click here
                          > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                          M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=575730
                          556>

                          > _____

                          subject=Unsubscribe>

                        • Michele Pain
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                            I would be really pleased to do this sort of thing. Thanks for
                            suggesting it.
                            Shelly

                            On Sep 30, 2004, at 2:58 PM, Perrine Julie-ra5686 wrote:

                            > Gang, I'm thinking of setting up a bicycling event related to one of
                            > my Cycle Central Texas series of caches.  The bike ride would be a
                            > fairly easy 10 miles or so (It's not as far as you think!  You could
                            > do it!) probably some nice fall Sunday afternoon with dinner at the
                            > end.  It would be something you could do on a mountain bike or road
                            > bike.  Anyone who wanted could go a longer distance.  The roads would
                            > be nice, safe country roads with little traffic.
                            >
                            > Is anyone interested in doing something like this?
                            >
                            > Julie
                            > Mrs. Captain Picard
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            > <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
                            > <l.gif>

                            > Service.

                          • Essiar
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                              Let me know when you'll be heading out on this bike tour so I know
                              when to release the MONSTER Cache. HEHE!

                              <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                              > Gang, I'm thinking of setting up a bicycling event related to one
                              of my Cycle Central Texas series of caches. The bike ride would be
                              a fairly easy 10 miles or so (It's not as far as you think! You
                              could do it!) probably some nice fall Sunday afternoon with dinner
                              at the end. It would be something you could do on a mountain bike
                              or road bike. Anyone who wanted could go a longer distance. The
                              roads would be nice, safe country roads with little traffic.

                              > Is anyone interested in doing something like this?
                              >
                              > Julie
                              > Mrs. Captain Picard
                            • Tim Steckler
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                                sounds like it could be fun... lemme know

                              • AusGeoCache@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                                  Count me in only if the fantasy football league does not have great matchups!
                                  Cache on,
                                  Blizzard

                                  Dick Young

                                • Henry Rohlfs
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 1, 2004
                                    Well, I've been nudged! My lovely wife reminded me of my cycling past
                                    and the open road beckons. Hopefully I can make the date.

                                    Now I need to find a bike.