Re: Favorite Trail Food?

  • Essiar
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2004
      Lil Es and I always used to pack those peanut butter crackers for
      our geocaching excursions. She now calls those packets of
      crackers "Geofood". :-)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "G,O. Mental"
      <g.o.mental@e...> wrote:
      > i always have jerky in the car, both for the trail and in case i
      get
      > stuck in the middle of nowhere at suppertime. but if i get on the
      road
      > early (like before 10am lol) i grab some twinkies to go with the
      thermos
      > of coffee its gonna take to wake me up.
      >

      > Candy Lind wrote:
      >
      > > Just saw this log from RocketBoy and had to share it ...
      from "Beyond
      > > the Overlook":
      > >
      > > September 5 by -=RocketBoy=- (499 found)
      > > Another very nice hike on Lake Georgetown. The view from the
      cache
      > > was great, and you don't even have to climb any hills to enjoy
      it.
      > > The only bad thing I can say about this cache is the fact I left
      my
      > > pop-tarts in the car. T - Cannonball Run TB. L - Bag of Thorax's
      > > coins. TFTC.
      > >
      > > EWWWWWW! POP TARTS????? Ick. OK, folks, what are YOUR favorite
      trail
      > > foods (or the ones you stash in the car for all that drive
      time)? My
      > > current favorite is the tropical trail mix from Sam's, and there
      is
      > > ALWAYS a jar of Jolly Ranchers in the cache-mobile. Ask
      TXBigFoot's
      > > son, Mikey! LOL
      > >
      > > Happy Trails,
      > > Candy
      > >

      > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > > click here

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129uq5fjq/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
      76/D=groups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1094570751/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf
      6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

      subject=Unsubscribe>

    • mrscaptainpicard
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2004
        I never have anyplace to put food, but I always have a cooler of Diet
        Cokes in the car and usually there's some Hot Tamales or a Payday bar
        in there somewhere.

      • Megindler@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2004
          Just got back from vacation...did I miss any comments about hummus and wine? Because that's the gang o' girls favorite trail food and beverage!

          Mo