Re: What is it with all the micro-caches up there in Round Rock?

  • Essiar
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3 6:45 PM
      You haven't seen insanely difficult micro caches till you've been to
      Nashville. Geez! Imagine something the size of your fingernail
      buried in the ground! Better yet, another tiny micro in the ground
      today (yes, literally in the ground)that was impossible to find,
      hint I got was to "look for this one barefooted". YOWZA! Thinking
      about placing a 50 gallon drum cache while I'm here. :-)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer
      <lowracer@a...> wrote:
      > Hey what is it with you guys in Round Rock, you got no army
      surplus
      > store up there or what? :-)
      > Really, there's no shame in deploying tupperware, especially if
      the
      > location can support a larger cache.
      >
      > Whaddaya say lets upgrade those puny pillboxes with some real
      caches?
      > Some 5 gallon buckets maybe? I got a couple of spares, gimme a
      shout
      > if you need one. Plenty of good swag available at the Wal-Mart
      and
      > Big Lots too... C'mon, lets hide some real caches!
      >
      > ;-)
      >
      > -mark
    • dragnfyr
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3 6:47 PM
        I personally am not much for swapping swag, so I tend to put out
        micros..... I do have an idea for a really big cache, but I need to find
        someone who owns land (and wont shoot the cachers who come hunting for
        it) in a remote-ish area to make it work....

        Drag

        Hey what is it with you guys in Round Rock, you got no army surplus
        store up there or what? :-)
        Really, there's no shame in deploying tupperware, especially if the
        location can support a larger cache.

        Whaddaya say lets upgrade those puny pillboxes with some real caches?
        Some 5 gallon buckets maybe? I got a couple of spares, gimme a shout
        if you need one. Plenty of good swag available at the Wal-Mart and
        Big Lots too... C'mon, lets hide some real caches!

        ;-)

        -mark

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Monica Summers
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3 7:58 PM
          Could that have been "Pure Evil"? I have only heard of this one but still
          haven't gotten out to Franklin to log it.

          Yes, there are a lot of micros here in Nashville but a lot of full size ones
          as well. Some are of the micros are easy but some are incredibly FUN, i.e.
          hard as heck!

          Actually, I'll be out and about in Franklin and the west Nashville area
          tomorrow. I am trying to finish up Caesar's Library and think I finally
          have the coordinate codes cracked -- the clue cipher was easy but the
          coordinates were a little trouble. I also think I have the codes for
          Caesar's Ghost and Et Brute cracked so I'm going to give them a try this
          weekend too.

          I just put two and two together and realized you are Cindy's friend. I just
          met her a few weeks ago at a Thursday night supper. If you are interested in
          meeting up this weekend feel free to call on my cell phone (214) 395-8691
          (yes, it is still a Dallas #) or email at LSUMonica@.... Don't
          worry about my cell phone being posted on the list -- I'm changing it to a
          Nashville number in a couple of weeks! ;)

          You all can consider this your "hotline" number in Nashville for a few more
          weeks!!!

          Monica aka LSUMonica

          <lowracer@a...> wrote:
          > Hey what is it with you guys in Round Rock, you got no army
          surplus
          > store up there or what? :-)
          > Really, there's no shame in deploying tupperware, especially if
          the
          > location can support a larger cache.
          >
          > Whaddaya say lets upgrade those puny pillboxes with some real
          caches?
          > Some 5 gallon buckets maybe? I got a couple of spares, gimme a
          shout
          > if you need one. Plenty of good swag available at the Wal-Mart
          and
          > Big Lots too... C'mon, lets hide some real caches!
          >
          > ;-)
          >
          > -mark

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Essiar
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3 8:15 PM
            OK, we'll call. Yes, pure evil was one of those I was referring to.
            And it is PURE EVIL! I plan on getting it tomorrow. :-) I want to do
            Warner Parks tomorrow if possible. We'll chat. Yes, there are
            awesome caches here, not just the migraine producing micros. OK,
            let's take this off this venue. Speak soon.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Monica Summers"

          • Grajek
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4 6:28 PM
              More evil than the second redirector of Spur of the moment????

              <mcslists@p...> wrote:
              > Could that have been "Pure Evil"? I have only heard of this one
              but still
              > haven't gotten out to Franklin to log it.
              >
              > Yes, there are a lot of micros here in Nashville but a lot of full
              size ones
              > as well. Some are of the micros are easy but some are incredibly
              FUN, i.e.
              > hard as heck!
              >
              > Actually, I'll be out and about in Franklin and the west Nashville
              area
              > tomorrow. I am trying to finish up Caesar's Library and think I
              finally
              > have the coordinate codes cracked -- the clue cipher was easy but
              the
              > coordinates were a little trouble. I also think I have the codes
              for
              > Caesar's Ghost and Et Brute cracked so I'm going to give them a
              try this
              > weekend too.
              >
              > I just put two and two together and realized you are Cindy's
              friend. I just
              > met her a few weeks ago at a Thursday night supper. If you are
              interested in
              > meeting up this weekend feel free to call on my cell phone (214)
              395-8691
              > (yes, it is still a Dallas #) or email at LSUMonica@p... Don't
              > worry about my cell phone being posted on the list -- I'm changing
              it to a
              > Nashville number in a couple of weeks! ;)
              >
              > You all can consider this your "hotline" number in Nashville for a
              few more
              > weeks!!!
              >

              > Monica aka LSUMonica

            • Essiar
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4 6:50 PM
                1000 times more evil! Your caches would be park and grabs here. :-)

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"

              • Grajek
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4 9:31 PM
                  LOL. I need to work on that then :-)