What is it with all the micro-caches up there in Round Rock?

  • lowracer
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
      Hey what is it with you guys in Round Rock, you got no army surplus
      store up there or what? :-)
      Really, there's no shame in deploying tupperware, especially if the
      location can support a larger cache.

      Whaddaya say lets upgrade those puny pillboxes with some real caches?
      Some 5 gallon buckets maybe? I got a couple of spares, gimme a shout
      if you need one. Plenty of good swag available at the Wal-Mart and
      Big Lots too... C'mon, lets hide some real caches!

      ;-)

      -mark
    • Essiar
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
        You haven't seen insanely difficult micro caches till you've been to
        Nashville. Geez! Imagine something the size of your fingernail
        buried in the ground! Better yet, another tiny micro in the ground
        today (yes, literally in the ground)that was impossible to find,
        hint I got was to "look for this one barefooted". YOWZA! Thinking
        about placing a 50 gallon drum cache while I'm here. :-)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer
        <lowracer@a...> wrote:
        > Hey what is it with you guys in Round Rock, you got no army
        surplus
        > store up there or what? :-)
        > Really, there's no shame in deploying tupperware, especially if
        the
        > location can support a larger cache.
        >
        > Whaddaya say lets upgrade those puny pillboxes with some real
        caches?
        > Some 5 gallon buckets maybe? I got a couple of spares, gimme a
        shout
        > if you need one. Plenty of good swag available at the Wal-Mart
        and
        > Big Lots too... C'mon, lets hide some real caches!
        >
        > ;-)
        >
        > -mark
      • dragnfyr
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
          I personally am not much for swapping swag, so I tend to put out
          micros..... I do have an idea for a really big cache, but I need to find
          someone who owns land (and wont shoot the cachers who come hunting for
          it) in a remote-ish area to make it work....

          Drag

          Hey what is it with you guys in Round Rock, you got no army surplus
          store up there or what? :-)
          Really, there's no shame in deploying tupperware, especially if the
          location can support a larger cache.

          Whaddaya say lets upgrade those puny pillboxes with some real caches?
          Some 5 gallon buckets maybe? I got a couple of spares, gimme a shout
          if you need one. Plenty of good swag available at the Wal-Mart and
          Big Lots too... C'mon, lets hide some real caches!

          ;-)

          -mark

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Monica Summers
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
            Could that have been "Pure Evil"? I have only heard of this one but still
            haven't gotten out to Franklin to log it.

            Yes, there are a lot of micros here in Nashville but a lot of full size ones
            as well. Some are of the micros are easy but some are incredibly FUN, i.e.
            hard as heck!

            Actually, I'll be out and about in Franklin and the west Nashville area
            tomorrow. I am trying to finish up Caesar's Library and think I finally
            have the coordinate codes cracked -- the clue cipher was easy but the
            coordinates were a little trouble. I also think I have the codes for
            Caesar's Ghost and Et Brute cracked so I'm going to give them a try this
            weekend too.

            I just put two and two together and realized you are Cindy's friend. I just
            met her a few weeks ago at a Thursday night supper. If you are interested in
            meeting up this weekend feel free to call on my cell phone (214) 395-8691
            (yes, it is still a Dallas #) or email at LSUMonica@.... Don't
            worry about my cell phone being posted on the list -- I'm changing it to a
            Nashville number in a couple of weeks! ;)

            You all can consider this your "hotline" number in Nashville for a few more
            weeks!!!

            Monica aka LSUMonica

            <lowracer@a...> wrote:
            > Hey what is it with you guys in Round Rock, you got no army
            surplus
            > store up there or what? :-)
            > Really, there's no shame in deploying tupperware, especially if
            the
            > location can support a larger cache.
            >
            > Whaddaya say lets upgrade those puny pillboxes with some real
            caches?
            > Some 5 gallon buckets maybe? I got a couple of spares, gimme a
            shout
            > if you need one. Plenty of good swag available at the Wal-Mart
            and
            > Big Lots too... C'mon, lets hide some real caches!
            >
            > ;-)
            >
            > -mark

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Essiar
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
              OK, we'll call. Yes, pure evil was one of those I was referring to.
              And it is PURE EVIL! I plan on getting it tomorrow. :-) I want to do
              Warner Parks tomorrow if possible. We'll chat. Yes, there are
              awesome caches here, not just the migraine producing micros. OK,
              let's take this off this venue. Speak soon.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Monica Summers"

            • Grajek
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2004
                More evil than the second redirector of Spur of the moment????

                <mcslists@p...> wrote:
                > Could that have been "Pure Evil"? I have only heard of this one
                but still
                > haven't gotten out to Franklin to log it.
                >
                > Yes, there are a lot of micros here in Nashville but a lot of full
                size ones
                > as well. Some are of the micros are easy but some are incredibly
                FUN, i.e.
                > hard as heck!
                >
                > Actually, I'll be out and about in Franklin and the west Nashville
                area
                > tomorrow. I am trying to finish up Caesar's Library and think I
                finally
                > have the coordinate codes cracked -- the clue cipher was easy but
                the
                > coordinates were a little trouble. I also think I have the codes
                for
                > Caesar's Ghost and Et Brute cracked so I'm going to give them a
                try this
                > weekend too.
                >
                > I just put two and two together and realized you are Cindy's
                friend. I just
                > met her a few weeks ago at a Thursday night supper. If you are
                interested in
                > meeting up this weekend feel free to call on my cell phone (214)
                395-8691
                > (yes, it is still a Dallas #) or email at LSUMonica@p... Don't
                > worry about my cell phone being posted on the list -- I'm changing
                it to a
                > Nashville number in a couple of weeks! ;)
                >
                > You all can consider this your "hotline" number in Nashville for a
                few more
                > weeks!!!
                >

                > Monica aka LSUMonica

              • Essiar
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4, 2004
                  1000 times more evil! Your caches would be park and grabs here. :-)

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"

                • Grajek
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4, 2004
                    LOL. I need to work on that then :-)