Re: Hotline (was Comments on DNF...)

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2004
      Larry, I'll try to make a very long story reasonably short here:

      The Geocaching Hotline started when Brady Belk called me while I was
      in line buying groceries at HEB one day. The first words out of his
      mouth were "Is this the geocaching hotline?" It's gone downhill from
      there, up to and including a "gift" Wayne made for me for my 1000th
      find ... "business cards" for the Geocaching Hotline! I've placed
      many in caches around Austin and handed them out at events, but I
      need to disperse some more. I think the "phone a friend" on Scott's
      (geodillo) phone list got a big jump-start from my taking calls from
      folks asking for help or hints, or even just to find out if a cache
      was regular or micro. The hotline lives on, and is more than
      just "my" number now, but a fine community network of people to help
      when the "original" hotline is not available for some reason. I'll
      remember to bring my cards to future events, so please, anyone who
      wants one, be sure to ASK for one! And remember to sign up for the
      phone list with Scott, and indicate you'd like to be included in
      the "phone a friend" list.

      In the meantime, I'll email you my info, Larry, so you won't be
      totally alone out there on that dark and spooky trail! ;-)

      Happy Trails,
      Candy

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Nedry
      <geocaching@b...> wrote:
      > On 8/31/04 at 7:14 AM -0700 you wrote:
      > >But there are other times where I really don't want to leave
      without
      > >finding it (long hikes, far from home, difficult to get to, etc.)
      where