kayaks and paddling

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2004
      Wayne has been wanting to try out a kayak (specifically bbelk's,
      because he knew he could borrow it), but hasn't had the opportunity,
      and while looking around at kayaks and mountain bikes for his
      upcoming (TOMORROW!) birthday, I found more than one item that might
      be of interest to some of you. We've decided we're going to shop
      after we become a bit more educated.

      1) REI is having a free Paddle Demo Day on Saturday the 25th, where
      you can try out different types of boats and equipment and see
      what "floats yours". Wayne and I will most likely be there!
      Link to more info: http://tinyurl.com/6euoq
      Thanks to Bilderback for telling me about this when I asked for
      advice!

      2) I investigated a classified ad on statesman.com and looked at 2
      kayaks for sale. One is a one-paddler, only a year old, a Dagger
      Blackwater 13.5 footer, with one sealed hatch in front, includes
      spray shield and PFD. He's asking $480 or $450, that wasn't perfectly
      clear to me. The other is a Wilderness Systems Pimlico Tandem 17-
      footer, has a rudder but no dry hatches or other bells and whistles.
      This one he's asking only $290. You can look it up online under
      garage sales, it was placed last week but is still in there. It was
      on Cranberry Cove in Cedar Park. He also had a small amount of
      camping gear as well, including a 2-burner Coleman stove, a 1-burner
      Coleman stove, a Coleman Propane heater, a 3-man tent, and a couple
      of other items. He also had a Bowflex if you are interested in that.

      Email me off-list if you have questions I might be able to answer
      about either of these items.

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • Jana Iannello
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2004
        >Didn't know it was Waynes' birthday!! Happy Birthday, Wayne! We Love YOU!!!!
        Jana

        Wayne has been wanting to try out a kayak (specifically bbelk's,
        > because he knew he could borrow it), but hasn't had the opportunity,
        > and while looking around at kayaks and mountain bikes for his
        > upcoming (TOMORROW!) birthday, I found more than one item that might
        > be of interest to some of you. We've decided we're going to shop
        > after we become a bit more educated.
        >
        > 1) REI is having a free Paddle Demo Day on Saturday the 25th, where
        > you can try out different types of boats and equipment and see
        > what "floats yours". Wayne and I will most likely be there!
        > Link to more info: http://tinyurl.com/6euoq
        > Thanks to Bilderback for telling me about this when I asked for
        > advice!
        >
        > 2) I investigated a classified ad on statesman.com and looked at 2
        > kayaks for sale. One is a one-paddler, only a year old, a Dagger
        > Blackwater 13.5 footer, with one sealed hatch in front, includes
        > spray shield and PFD. He's asking $480 or $450, that wasn't perfectly
        > clear to me. The other is a Wilderness Systems Pimlico Tandem 17-
        > footer, has a rudder but no dry hatches or other bells and whistles.
        > This one he's asking only $290. You can look it up online under
        > garage sales, it was placed last week but is still in there. It was
        > on Cranberry Cove in Cedar Park. He also had a small amount of
        > camping gear as well, including a 2-burner Coleman stove, a 1-burner
        > Coleman stove, a Coleman Propane heater, a 3-man tent, and a couple
        > of other items. He also had a Bowflex if you are interested in that.
        >
        > Email me off-list if you have questions I might be able to answer
        > about either of these items.
        >
        > Happy Trails,
        > Candy
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2004
          Thanks Jana and Tanya. Yes, my birthday was today, Treys was yesterday.
          Although he is WAY too eager to point out that our birth years are years
          apart.

          >Didn't know it was Waynes' birthday!! Happy Birthday, Wayne! We Love
          YOU!!!!
          Jana

          Wayne has been wanting to try out a kayak (specifically bbelk's,
          > because he knew he could borrow it), but hasn't had the opportunity,
          > and while looking around at kayaks and mountain bikes for his
          > upcoming (TOMORROW!) birthday, I found more than one item that might
          > be of interest to some of you. We've decided we're going to shop
          > after we become a bit more educated.
          >
          > 1) REI is having a free Paddle Demo Day on Saturday the 25th, where
          > you can try out different types of boats and equipment and see
          > what "floats yours". Wayne and I will most likely be there!
          > Link to more info: http://tinyurl.com/6euoq
          > Thanks to Bilderback for telling me about this when I asked for
          > advice!
          >
          > 2) I investigated a classified ad on statesman.com and looked at 2
          > kayaks for sale. One is a one-paddler, only a year old, a Dagger
          > Blackwater 13.5 footer, with one sealed hatch in front, includes
          > spray shield and PFD. He's asking $480 or $450, that wasn't perfectly
          > clear to me. The other is a Wilderness Systems Pimlico Tandem 17-
          > footer, has a rudder but no dry hatches or other bells and whistles.
          > This one he's asking only $290. You can look it up online under
          > garage sales, it was placed last week but is still in there. It was
          > on Cranberry Cove in Cedar Park. He also had a small amount of
          > camping gear as well, including a 2-burner Coleman stove, a 1-burner
          > Coleman stove, a Coleman Propane heater, a 3-man tent, and a couple
          > of other items. He also had a Bowflex if you are interested in that.
          >
          > Email me off-list if you have questions I might be able to answer
          > about either of these items.
          >
          > Happy Trails,
          > Candy

        • Essiar
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2004
            Really! How much older is he? :-)

            <wlind@a...> wrote:
            > Thanks Jana and Tanya. Yes, my birthday was today, Treys was
            yesterday.
            > Although he is WAY too eager to point out that our birth years are
            years
            > apart.

          • Jana Iannello
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2004
              >I didn't know Trey had a birthday, too--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREY!! We love
              you, too!
              Jana