Re: OT - Tubing in New Braunfels

  • Essiar
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
      OK. Shelly says hello Cindy. :-) Yes, a smiley oriented person can
      run the #s up here quite fast. I on the other hand, enjoy caching
      more than smilies, so I'll mostly go after the ones that are very
      unique, very difficult or require lots of hiking through a gorgeous
      park such as Warner Parks. Warner parks is so pretty, the park
      rangers there even have their own caching team named "Warner Parks"
      that hide great caches in the parks! We need to try to get the park
      rangers in Austin hooked on caching also so they can start hiding
      caches too!

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Michele Pain
      <mpain@s...> wrote:
      > So THAT's how you've pulled so far ahead of me...
      > Have fun-Say Hey to Cindy for me.
      >
      > Shelly
      >
      > On Sep 3, 2004, at 7:58 AM, Essiar wrote:
      >
      > > OK Monica, I'm in Franklin now (Fri morning 8 am) getting ready
      > > fire up the gps. Feel free to email me via this group if you
      want to
      > > go grab some caches. Caches are so dense here it's insane. I
      loaded
      > > the 150 closest caches to where I am (Franklin) and I don't
      believe
      > > they go much past Brentwood! It seems like I can walk around the
      > > block and get 50. :-)
      > > Steve
      > >
      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "mcslists"
      > > <mcslists@p...> wrote:
      > >> Thanks so much for the note. Hope you have fun here in
      Nashville
      > > this
      > >> weekend. I too love Warner Parks and live just 5 miles away so
      we
      > > may
      > >> indeed meet on the trail!
      > >>
      > >> Monica

      Braunfels

      > >> Yes, it's definetely more crowded on the weekends. That's not to
      > > say
      > >> it's still not a blast. I went last month on a weekend and had
      an
      > >> awesome time. Heck, all the fun people just add to the
      experience.
      > >> What's more important is the rate of release from Canyon Dam.
      > >> Ideally, you want it to be around 400 to 500 CFS. I always rent
      my
      > >> tubes at Jerry's and you can either take their ride upstream and
      > >> float back to Jerrys or get in right there and float downstream.
      > >> Either ride is approx. 4 hours if the flow is around 400 CFS.
      The
      > >> more "active" ride is getting in at Jerry's, better rapids. I
      > > don't
      > >> remember which crossing Jerrys is at but getting in there or a
      bit
      > >> upstream from there is a great place to start. I'd be going back
      > >> again for the upcoming event except I was just there with my
      > >> daughters and after the youngest one's "scary" experiences with
      > >> couple of the rapids (especially that 1st one!) she is in no
      rush
      > >> go back.
      > >> I will be caching in Nashville Labor Day weekend (thurs - mon).
      > >> Perhaps I will see you out on the trail somewhere. I love it in
      > > the
      > >> Warner Parks area, it's absolutely gorgeous there. I'll
      definetely
      > >> be hitting the caches in those parks.
      > >>

      > >> --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Monica Summers"
      Nashville