Re: FW: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Comments on DNF and "the walk of shame"

  • Katt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      DNF would not be so bad if they could change it from a blue sad
      face. I hate seeing that depressed non-smiley on my cache page.
      Wouldn't a surprised face be more appropriate?

      I spent hours searching a cemetery in Abilene area this summer
      looking for a cache that someone had decided wasn't hidden well
      enough and decided to bury near the original hide. I found it
      because Abilene will not be in my plans for caching any time soon.
      Too many weeds that cling and too many micros that the kids don't
      like.

      Conversely, I have posted DNF on Lucy in the Sky in Lampassas 3x.
      One time is was dark and I could see the fire flies. One time I used
      old coordinates. Duh. The last time, I was rushing to get back to
      Killeen to pick my child up from summer band practice. I was
      probably within inches but didn't have time to make the "trip".

      I am sure that the cache owner has rofled at my antics and enjoys
      knowing that a seemingly simple park and grab has stumped me so far.
      NO I DON'T WANT HINTS. I may call him up just to meet him and let
      him laugh at me in person when I make my fourth attempt.

      I think you might want to talk with Sawdust out of the Waco(?) area.
      He posts a DNF more often than not. He even posted a DNF on my
      cache. It was a huge ice cream bucket out in plain view.I think he
      gets caught up in the adventure and the history and forgets to look
      for the cache. He seems quite happy to post DNFs.

      Isn't that the beauty of the sport? We each find what we want, even
      the impossible.
      Tami - eagletlr
    • Henry Rohlfs
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
        > I may call him up just to meet him and let
        > him laugh at me in person when I make my fourth attempt.

        Tami, I love that attitude! It really shows that you can find the fun
        in the hunt, not just the find.

        Henry
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
          heheh would love to get a ring from ya..:) and he would never
          laugh... he loves to see that he challenged a cacher...:)

          512-736-4285

          give me a ring any time to go hunting..:)

          > Conversely, I have posted DNF on Lucy in the Sky in Lampassas 3x.
          > One time is was dark and I could see the fire flies. One time I
          used
          > old coordinates. Duh. The last time, I was rushing to get back to
          > Killeen to pick my child up from summer band practice. I was
          > probably within inches but didn't have time to make the "trip".
          >
          > I am sure that the cache owner has rofled at my antics and enjoys
          > knowing that a seemingly simple park and grab has stumped me so
          far.
          > NO I DON'T WANT HINTS. I may call him up just to meet him and let
          > him laugh at me in person when I make my fourth attempt.
          >
          > I think you might want to talk with Sawdust out of the Waco(?)
          area.
          > He posts a DNF more often than not. He even posted a DNF on my
          > cache. It was a huge ice cream bucket out in plain view.I think he
          > gets caught up in the adventure and the history and forgets to
          look
          > for the cache. He seems quite happy to post DNFs.
          >
          > Isn't that the beauty of the sport? We each find what we want,
          even
          > the impossible.
          > Tami - eagletlr
        • dragnfyr
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
            I wouldn't laugh at anyone for not being able to find "Lucy"...
            I made her to be so obvious it would be hard to find... I like
            caches that are hidden in plain site... At least you havent
            sent me a log that says "All I could find at your co-ordinates
            was a stupid (insert what the cache container is here)" I have
            gotten notes from two different folks like that... Lucy is a bit
            more than a park and grab. (now if you couldn't find "Ticket to
            ride" I would laugh at you!!) Feel free to call Aphrael or I, or
            stop by "come visit the cats" and knock on the door... We are
            geocache friendly and we don't bite.... Honest...

            Drag

          • Candy Lind
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Katt"
              <tamikraft@h...> wrote:

              > ... I think you might want to talk with Sawdust out of the Waco(?)
              area. He posts a DNF more often than not. He even posted a DNF on my
              cache. It was a huge ice cream bucket out in plain view.I think he
              gets caught up in the adventure and the history and forgets to look
              for the cache. He seems quite happy to post DNFs.

              LOL Tami, Sawdust can't find anything unless it's BURIED IN POISON
              IVY!!!! ;-D

              Candy