FW: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Comments on DNF and "the walk of shame"

  • Lee Dedear
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2004
      Message
      Oops, typo: make that "Noctis Labyrinthus". And while you're at it, add "Homing In".

      --Suchmann

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
        DNF would not be so bad if they could change it from a blue sad
        face. I hate seeing that depressed non-smiley on my cache page.
        Wouldn't a surprised face be more appropriate?

        I spent hours searching a cemetery in Abilene area this summer
        looking for a cache that someone had decided wasn't hidden well
        enough and decided to bury near the original hide. I found it
        because Abilene will not be in my plans for caching any time soon.
        Too many weeds that cling and too many micros that the kids don't
        like.

        Conversely, I have posted DNF on Lucy in the Sky in Lampassas 3x.
        One time is was dark and I could see the fire flies. One time I used
        old coordinates. Duh. The last time, I was rushing to get back to
        Killeen to pick my child up from summer band practice. I was
        probably within inches but didn't have time to make the "trip".

        I am sure that the cache owner has rofled at my antics and enjoys
        knowing that a seemingly simple park and grab has stumped me so far.
        NO I DON'T WANT HINTS. I may call him up just to meet him and let
        him laugh at me in person when I make my fourth attempt.

        I think you might want to talk with Sawdust out of the Waco(?) area.
        He posts a DNF more often than not. He even posted a DNF on my
        cache. It was a huge ice cream bucket out in plain view.I think he
        gets caught up in the adventure and the history and forgets to look
        for the cache. He seems quite happy to post DNFs.

        Isn't that the beauty of the sport? We each find what we want, even
        the impossible.
        Tami - eagletlr
      • Henry Rohlfs
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
          > I may call him up just to meet him and let
          > him laugh at me in person when I make my fourth attempt.

          Tami, I love that attitude! It really shows that you can find the fun
          in the hunt, not just the find.

          Henry
        • Christine
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
            heheh would love to get a ring from ya..:) and he would never
            laugh... he loves to see that he challenged a cacher...:)

            512-736-4285

            give me a ring any time to go hunting..:)

            > Conversely, I have posted DNF on Lucy in the Sky in Lampassas 3x.
            > One time is was dark and I could see the fire flies. One time I
            used
            > old coordinates. Duh. The last time, I was rushing to get back to
            > Killeen to pick my child up from summer band practice. I was
            > probably within inches but didn't have time to make the "trip".
            >
            > I am sure that the cache owner has rofled at my antics and enjoys
            > knowing that a seemingly simple park and grab has stumped me so
            far.
            > NO I DON'T WANT HINTS. I may call him up just to meet him and let
            > him laugh at me in person when I make my fourth attempt.
            >
            > I think you might want to talk with Sawdust out of the Waco(?)
            area.
            > He posts a DNF more often than not. He even posted a DNF on my
            > cache. It was a huge ice cream bucket out in plain view.I think he
            > gets caught up in the adventure and the history and forgets to
            look
            > for the cache. He seems quite happy to post DNFs.
            >
            > Isn't that the beauty of the sport? We each find what we want,
            even
            > the impossible.
            > Tami - eagletlr
          • dragnfyr
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
              I wouldn't laugh at anyone for not being able to find "Lucy"...
              I made her to be so obvious it would be hard to find... I like
              caches that are hidden in plain site... At least you havent
              sent me a log that says "All I could find at your co-ordinates
              was a stupid (insert what the cache container is here)" I have
              gotten notes from two different folks like that... Lucy is a bit
              more than a park and grab. (now if you couldn't find "Ticket to
              ride" I would laugh at you!!) Feel free to call Aphrael or I, or
              stop by "come visit the cats" and knock on the door... We are
              geocache friendly and we don't bite.... Honest...

              Drag

            • Candy Lind
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Katt"
                <tamikraft@h...> wrote:

                > ... I think you might want to talk with Sawdust out of the Waco(?)
                area. He posts a DNF more often than not. He even posted a DNF on my
                cache. It was a huge ice cream bucket out in plain view.I think he
                gets caught up in the adventure and the history and forgets to look
                for the cache. He seems quite happy to post DNFs.

                LOL Tami, Sawdust can't find anything unless it's BURIED IN POISON
                IVY!!!! ;-D

                Candy