RAM Mounts for 60CS? Recommendations Wanted

  • lowracer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2004
      Who's got a good deal on RAM vehicle mounts for the Garmin 60CS?
      Anyone local carry a decent selection? Pros/Cons of using the suction
      cup mounts on a windshield?

      Thanks,
      -mark
    • alan@alancurry.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2004
        I use the 4" suction cup. I have never had it fall of the windshield when
        properly mounted. However, my windshield is nearly vertical. Do not know how it
        works on a sloping windshield like a mini-van because my wife won't let me use
        it in our mini-van. That's because it leaves the suction cup "ring" on the
        windshield.

        I orginally bought mine from gpscity.com. I never found a local dealer. Marine
        dealers might carry them though.

        Alan

        Quoting lowracer <lowracer@...>:

        > Who's got a good deal on RAM vehicle mounts for the Garmin 60CS?
        > Anyone local carry a decent selection? Pros/Cons of using the suction
        > cup mounts on a windshield?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -mark
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Scott Robuck
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2004
          I have both the 5" suction cup and their new twist lock suction cup. The
          twist lock is a lot better (although they both work well). The locking
          suction cup is smaller and it holds better for about the same price. Go for
          the twist lock.

          GPS City has the whole setup for $40 which includes the locking suction cup
          (RAM-B-166-GA12). You can put RAMB166GA12 into their search and find this
          item.

          By the way, if you're buying the ram mount, I would also like to tag another
          twist lock mount on to your order.

          The locking suction cup: RAP-224-1 $8.95
          The 1" ball mount: RAM-B-238 $7.95

          Scott Robuck
          Team GeoDillo
          N 30° 12.4'