That Damn Lowracer Strikes Again!!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
      Does anyone have any earthly idea how to attack lowracer's new
      puzzle? (GCK616) I've looked at, and eliminated, Simpson's Rule (a
      formula for estimating the area of an integral ... egad my head
      hurts!!!). I'm looking now at the wording and formatting (it's
      preformatted text) to see if I can find anything ... I'm wondering if
      the two very similar messages you can split this into might be the
      latitude and longitude?? Any other ideas?

      Folks, you know I'm going stir crazy, sitting home with this cough,
      when I'll actually work on a *&%$&#%$$*&% PUZZLE CACHE!!!! Any help
      will be appreciated!!!

      I'm taking a short break to go get a haircut, and I hope someone has
      a starting point when I return! ==8-O

      Candy
    • lowracer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
        There is still a nice 2TF and maybe 3TF prize for this cache.

        It's not as hard as it seems. I can't in good conscience rate it a 5
        difficulty. It may even be a 2. Not worthy of being called M16,
        though that one is in work and will make "What's the Point" look like
        the crayon-scribblings of kindergarten kids. ;-)

        As for me, I'm still puzzling over Cited Honorees.

        -mark

        On Aug 4, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Candy Lind wrote:

        > Does anyone have any earthly idea how to attack lowracer's new
        > puzzle? (GCK616) I've looked at, and eliminated, Simpson's Rule (a
        > formula for estimating the area of an integral ... egad my head
        > hurts!!!). I'm looking now at the wording and formatting (it's
        > preformatted text) to see if I can find anything ... I'm wondering if
        > the two very similar messages you can split this into might be the
        > latitude and longitude?? Any other ideas?
        >
        > Folks, you know I'm going stir crazy, sitting home with this cough,
        > when I'll actually work on a *&%$&#%$$*&% PUZZLE CACHE!!!! Any help
        > will be appreciated!!!
        >
        > I'm taking a short break to go get a haircut, and I hope someone has
        > a starting point when I return! ==8-O
        >
        > Candy
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
        > <l.gif>

        > Service.

      • Kevin Mefford
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
          What do you mean NOT AS HARD AS IT SEEMS?????? I spent hours upon hours
          without sleep last night to solve this puzzle, so I could creep out at
          daybreak to find the cache!!!! It should have been rated a 6!!

          Seriously though, a neat cache and easily solved once you put your head
          around it. And a very interesting location for the physical cache.

          Thank you for the lovely FTF gift as my cabinet is much more symmetrical
          now! ;)

          Kevin

          There is still a nice 2TF and maybe 3TF prize for this cache.

          It's not as hard as it seems. I can't in good conscience rate it a 5
          difficulty. It may even be a 2. Not worthy of being called M16,
          though that one is in work and will make "What's the Point" look like
          the crayon-scribblings of kindergarten kids. ;-)

          As for me, I'm still puzzling over Cited Honorees.

          -mark

          On Aug 4, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Candy Lind wrote:

          > Does anyone have any earthly idea how to attack lowracer's new
          > puzzle? (GCK616) I've looked at, and eliminated, Simpson's Rule (a
          > formula for estimating the area of an integral ... egad my head
          > hurts!!!). I'm looking now at the wording and formatting (it's
          > preformatted text) to see if I can find anything ... I'm wondering if
          > the two very similar messages you can split this into might be the
          > latitude and longitude?? Any other ideas?
          >
          > Folks, you know I'm going stir crazy, sitting home with this cough,
          > when I'll actually work on a *&%$&#%$$*&% PUZZLE CACHE!!!! Any help
          > will be appreciated!!!
          >
          > I'm taking a short break to go get a haircut, and I hope someone has
          > a starting point when I return! ==8-O
          >
          > Candy
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
          > <l.gif>

          > Service.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • gtbevo2000
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
            Mark, it's so hard to tell through email when you are kidding and
            when you are not. Are you really still working on Cited Honorees???

            I'm going to have a look at your new puzzle cache now........

            Alyson

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer
            <lowracer@a...> wrote:
            > There is still a nice 2TF and maybe 3TF prize for this cache.
            >
            > It's not as hard as it seems. I can't in good conscience rate it
            a 5
            > difficulty. It may even be a 2. Not worthy of being called M16,
            > though that one is in work and will make "What's the Point" look
            like
            > the crayon-scribblings of kindergarten kids. ;-)
            >
            > As for me, I'm still puzzling over Cited Honorees.
            >
            > -mark
            >
            > On Aug 4, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Candy Lind wrote:
            >
            > > Does anyone have any earthly idea how to attack lowracer's new
            > > puzzle? (GCK616) I've looked at, and eliminated, Simpson's Rule
            (a
            > > formula for estimating the area of an integral ... egad my head
            > > hurts!!!). I'm looking now at the wording and formatting (it's
            > > preformatted text) to see if I can find anything ... I'm
            wondering if
            > > the two very similar messages you can split this into might be
            the
            > > latitude and longitude?? Any other ideas?
            > >
            > > Folks, you know I'm going stir crazy, sitting home with this
            cough,
            > > when I'll actually work on a *&%$&#%$$*&% PUZZLE CACHE!!!! Any
            help
            > > will be appreciated!!!
            > >
            > > I'm taking a short break to go get a haircut, and I hope
            someone has
            > > a starting point when I return! ==8-O
            > >
            > > Candy
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > > <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
            > > <l.gif>
            > >
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
            Terms of
            > > Service.

          • Di and Richard
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
              Argh! Rich and I just figured it out, but the kids are asleep, and we can't
              go out tonight! Maybe I just have to be late to work tomorrow...or maybe
              I've got Candy's cough. Yeah, that's it.

              --Di (of dirich92)
              dirich@...