Where to buy a GPS?

  • Nedry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
      I was looking at gpsdiscounts.com and it looks like they have some really good prices. But their web site has very little information about their company. Has anyone done business with them?

      I'm thinking about buying an eTrex Vista for $225.00 or an eTrex Vista Color for $339.

      Any suggestions are welcome.

      Nedry
    • LEW BEST
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004

        I’ve had excellent dealings with Darrel Goheen (GPS@...) http://www.tvnav.com Voice 785-625-3546/FAX 413-383-8800.  He sponsors several GPS related lists on yahoo; has VERY competitive prices it seems & excellent service.

        Lew in Waco

        I'm thinking about buying an eTrex Vista for $225.00 or an eTrex Vista Color for $339.

        Any suggestions are welcome.

        Nedry

      • DougsBrat
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 6:14 AM
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Nedry
          <geocaching@b...> wrote:
          > I was looking at gpsdiscounts.com and it looks like they have some
          really good prices. But their web site has very little information
          about their company. Has anyone done business with them?

          > I'm thinking about buying an eTrex Vista for $225.00 or an eTrex
          Vista Color for $339.

          > Any suggestions are welcome.
          >
          > Nedry

          I have purchaced from them several times!

          Several reasons why I like them:
          1. Out of state (no sales tax)
          2. Good or best price I could find.
          3. Closest out of state dealer I could find (for faster delevery)
          4. Free T-shirt with order :)
          5. They seam to have what I want as soon as it is available from
          Garmin.

          So far I have bought from them:
          1 Vista
          1 76cs
          2 emap memory cartrages
          several cables
          several covers
          several Mapsource titles

          GPSgeek.com is another good place for accessories only! (he's not a
          GPS dealer)