Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] UPDATE ON AMMO CAN AVAILABILITY

  • Tony Fannin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
      --- Alex Alexander <alex.yahoogroups@...>
      wrote:

      > BTW what's all this I'm hearing about rain?? We got
      > plenty of that stuff
      > over here. Don't need to come to Texas to see it.
      > :)

      Nah, you ain't got rain. What you call rain we call a
      light fog. :) You ain't seen real rain until you've
      seen a Texas Frog-Strangler(tm). My home of Williamson
      County still holds the Texas record for most rain in
      24hours. 39.3 inches. For you metric folks, that's
      almost exactly a meter of rain in 24hours. Whee! There
      were places just south of here that got over 12inches
      a day for several days straight last year. Massive
      flooding ensued. I've watched the creek across the
      street go from dry to 6feet deep in <3 minutes.

      And don't forget twisters. In the past 5 years I've
      been able to see no less than 3 from my front yard.

      Did we mention the state bird? The mosquito. You've
      got to watch your kids for fear of them being hauled
      off.

      In Texas, everything either sticks, bites, or stings.
      :)

      Tony
      Team Bohica

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
        Tony, you might want to hold off sending your resume to the Texas Tourism Council and the Chamber of Commerce.  :)
        > BTW what's all this I'm hearing about rain??  We got
        > plenty of that stuff
        > over here.  Don't need to come to Texas to see it.
        > :)

        Nah, you ain't got rain. What you call rain we call a
        light fog. :) You ain't seen real rain until you've
        seen a Texas Frog-Strangler(tm). My home of Williamson
        County still holds the Texas record for most rain in
        24hours. 39.3 inches. For you metric folks, that's
        almost exactly a meter of rain in 24hours. Whee! There
        were places just south of here that got over 12inches
        a day for several days straight last year. Massive
        flooding ensued. I've watched the creek across the
        street go from dry to 6feet deep in <3 minutes.

        And don't forget twisters. In the past 5 years I've
        been able to see no less than 3 from my front yard.

        Did we mention the state bird? The mosquito. You've
        got to watch your kids for fear of them being hauled
        off.

        In Texas, everything either sticks, bites, or stings.
        :)

        Tony
        Team Bohica

      • Alan McCollum
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
          Yeah, they don't appreciate when people tell all of our state secrets. They want to keep a few of the things for Texans only.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
            --- Wayne Lind <wlind@...> wrote:
            > Tony, you might want to hold off sending your resume
            > to the Texas Tourism
            > Council and the Chamber of Commerce. :)

            The less that know how good it really is the better.
            :) Let 'em think we're over-run with fire-ants,
            rattlers, and scorpions. Let 'em believe we have
            mosquitoes the size of B-52s. Don't tell 'em about
            bluebonnet season, our lack of any real winter, the
            Saltlick, or tubing on the Guadalupe. Those are for
            us. :)

            Tony

            http://calendar.yahoo.com
          • Alex Alexander
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
              >Did we mention the state bird? The mosquito. You've
              >got to watch your kids for fear of them being hauled
              >off.

              I survived the skeeters in Minnesota in August last year. They seem to
              like me!!!

              Alex.
            • Jana Iannello
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
                So how many cans are already spoken and paid for?
                Jana
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
                  But don't you know how many people ante'd up for the first round of cans?  And how many did they reserve?
                  Jana
                  How's this for an answer? I dare not commit any more until I find out how many we actually have! LOL

                  Candy Lind
                  candylind@...
                  I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
                  Visit http://www.geocaching.com and see the great outdoors in a new way!
                  Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:39 PM

                  So how many cans are already spoken and paid for?
                  Jana
                  > I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
                  > know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
                  > guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
                  > always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
                  > auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
                  > order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
                  > start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!
                  >
                  > Happy Trails,
                  > Candy

                • Candy Lind

                    Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:39 PM

                    So how many cans are already spoken and paid for?
                    Jana
                    > I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
                    > know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
                    > guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
                    > always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
                    > auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
                    > order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
                    > start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!
                    >
                    > Happy Trails,
                    > Candy

                  • Candy Lind
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
                      I've got a list with nearly 500 cans requested and I can't count on having 500 cans out of the lot; I know some will be unusable. I feel like an airplane or hotel that has been overbooked!   =8-O

                      Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 8:20 PM

                      Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:39 PM

                      So how many cans are already spoken and paid for?
                      Jana
                      > I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
                      > know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
                      > guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
                      > always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
                      > auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
                      > order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
                      > start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!
                      >
                      > Happy Trails,
                      > Candy

                    • Jana Iannello
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 8, 2003
                        Do you mean 500 cans requested by those who pre-paid or by everyone?  I wanted to know how many have been  prepaid for.
                        I'm trying to figure out if I'm even close on the list of people who requested, but did NOT prepay.
                        Jana

                        Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 8:20 PM

                        Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:39 PM