UPDATE ON AMMO CAN AVAILABILITY

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
      UPDATE ON AMMO CAN AVAILABILITY:
      I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
      know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
      guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
      always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
      auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
      order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
      start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • Alex Alexander
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
        At 15:22 06/06/2003, you wrote:
        >UPDATE ON AMMO CAN AVAILABILITY:
        >I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
        >know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
        >guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
        >always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
        >auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
        >order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
        >start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!
        >
        >Happy Trails,
        >Candy

        Now I know what to do. When we come over I'm going to invest in a metal
        detector and trade in the gps for a magnet on a piece of string. That
        should flush out all those caches hidden in ammo cans. :)

        BTW what's all this I'm hearing about rain?? We got plenty of that stuff
        over here. Don't need to come to Texas to see it. :)

        Cheers
        Alex (& Kim)
      • Tony Fannin
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
          --- Alex Alexander <alex.yahoogroups@...>
          wrote:

          > BTW what's all this I'm hearing about rain?? We got
          > plenty of that stuff
          > over here. Don't need to come to Texas to see it.
          > :)

          Nah, you ain't got rain. What you call rain we call a
          light fog. :) You ain't seen real rain until you've
          seen a Texas Frog-Strangler(tm). My home of Williamson
          County still holds the Texas record for most rain in
          24hours. 39.3 inches. For you metric folks, that's
          almost exactly a meter of rain in 24hours. Whee! There
          were places just south of here that got over 12inches
          a day for several days straight last year. Massive
          flooding ensued. I've watched the creek across the
          street go from dry to 6feet deep in <3 minutes.

          And don't forget twisters. In the past 5 years I've
          been able to see no less than 3 from my front yard.

          Did we mention the state bird? The mosquito. You've
          got to watch your kids for fear of them being hauled
          off.

          In Texas, everything either sticks, bites, or stings.
          :)

          Tony
          Team Bohica

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
            Tony, you might want to hold off sending your resume to the Texas Tourism Council and the Chamber of Commerce.  :)
            > BTW what's all this I'm hearing about rain??  We got
            > plenty of that stuff
            > over here.  Don't need to come to Texas to see it.
            > :)

            Nah, you ain't got rain. What you call rain we call a
            light fog. :) You ain't seen real rain until you've
            seen a Texas Frog-Strangler(tm). My home of Williamson
            County still holds the Texas record for most rain in
            24hours. 39.3 inches. For you metric folks, that's
            almost exactly a meter of rain in 24hours. Whee! There
            were places just south of here that got over 12inches
            a day for several days straight last year. Massive
            flooding ensued. I've watched the creek across the
            street go from dry to 6feet deep in <3 minutes.

            And don't forget twisters. In the past 5 years I've
            been able to see no less than 3 from my front yard.

            Did we mention the state bird? The mosquito. You've
            got to watch your kids for fear of them being hauled
            off.

            In Texas, everything either sticks, bites, or stings.
            :)

            Tony
            Team Bohica

          • Alan McCollum
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
              Yeah, they don't appreciate when people tell all of our state secrets. They want to keep a few of the things for Texans only.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
                --- Wayne Lind <wlind@...> wrote:
                > Tony, you might want to hold off sending your resume
                > to the Texas Tourism
                > Council and the Chamber of Commerce. :)

                The less that know how good it really is the better.
                :) Let 'em think we're over-run with fire-ants,
                rattlers, and scorpions. Let 'em believe we have
                mosquitoes the size of B-52s. Don't tell 'em about
                bluebonnet season, our lack of any real winter, the
                Saltlick, or tubing on the Guadalupe. Those are for
                us. :)

                Tony

                http://calendar.yahoo.com
              • Alex Alexander
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
                  >Did we mention the state bird? The mosquito. You've
                  >got to watch your kids for fear of them being hauled
                  >off.

                  I survived the skeeters in Minnesota in August last year. They seem to
                  like me!!!

                  Alex.
                • Jana Iannello
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
                    So how many cans are already spoken and paid for?
                    Jana
                    > I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
                    > know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
                    > guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
                    > always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
                    > auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
                    > order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
                    > start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!
                    >
                    > Happy Trails,
                    > Candy

                  • Jana Iannello
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
                      But don't you know how many people ante'd up for the first round of cans?  And how many did they reserve?
                      Jana
                      How's this for an answer? I dare not commit any more until I find out how many we actually have! LOL

                      Candy Lind
                      candylind@...
                      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
                      Visit http://www.geocaching.com and see the great outdoors in a new way!
                      Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:39 PM

                      So how many cans are already spoken and paid for?
                      Jana
                      > I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
                      > know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
                      > guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
                      > always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
                      > auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
                      > order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
                      > start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!
                      >
                      > Happy Trails,
                      > Candy

                    • Candy Lind

                        Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:39 PM

                        So how many cans are already spoken and paid for?
                        Jana
                        > I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
                        > know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
                        > guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
                        > always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
                        > auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
                        > order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
                        > start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!
                        >
                        > Happy Trails,
                        > Candy

                      • Candy Lind
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
                          I've got a list with nearly 500 cans requested and I can't count on having 500 cans out of the lot; I know some will be unusable. I feel like an airplane or hotel that has been overbooked!   =8-O

                          Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 8:20 PM

                          Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:39 PM

                          So how many cans are already spoken and paid for?
                          Jana
                          > I am still adding people to the list for cans, but because I don't
                          > know for sure how many cans we will actually end up with, I can't
                          > guarantee everyone will get the cans they are asking for. This was
                          > always first-come first-served, so the people who ante'd up for the
                          > auction will get first priority, and everyone else will get cans in
                          > order of their requests until the cans are gone. Then maybe we'll
                          > start looking for another auction to bid on? We'll see!
                          >
                          > Happy Trails,
                          > Candy

                        • Jana Iannello
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 8, 2003
                            Do you mean 500 cans requested by those who pre-paid or by everyone?  I wanted to know how many have been  prepaid for.
                            I'm trying to figure out if I'm even close on the list of people who requested, but did NOT prepay.
                            Jana

                            Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 8:20 PM

                            Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:39 PM