housing leads...........

  • rachelincolorado
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi friends!

      I know this does not pertain to geocaching but I'm reaching out to
      everyone I know. I have a Colorado friend that will be moving to
      Austin in August - he's been accepted to U.T. for his PhD program.
      Him and his wife will be in Austin doing a house search June 26th -
      June 29th. Any leads on rentals, houses for sale, etc.....would be
      greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

      Take care all!

      Ciao,
      Rachel
    • Mark Gessner
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2003
        Travis County / LCRA is having a major parks cleanup with prizes, a
        kayak giveaway, and a free lunch. We're wrapping our 'Fistful of
        Litter' cache-in-trash-out event around it, to increase Geocaching
        exposure to other ecologically minded folks. Because we're
        piggybacking on their event, we have to follow their rules for
        participation:

        1) SIGN UP SHEET: They have a sign-up sheet for all participants. I'm
        filling it out for our group. Please send the following information to
        me (mgessner@...) by 12Midnight on June 13th, for each person
        attending:

        Name:
        Address:
        City:
        State:
        ZIP:
        Phone:
        Attending Lunch?: Y/N

        2) LEGAL RELEASE: They require a legal release form. I've scanned and
        posted a copy on the web. Please print, fill out and sign, and bring
        with you to the event.
        http://home.austin.rr.com/lowracer/DSC02020_1.jpg.

        3) TICKETS: Tickets will be required to get into the park. I will
        procure as many tickets as I have email responses to item #1 above.
        Don't post that kind of information to the cache log.

        4) T-SHIRTS: Will be given out AFTER we finish collecting trash. To
        avoid going around half naked, I recommend we wear the CITO shirts from
        the last event.

        Any questions, give me a shout.
        -mark
        aka 'lowracer'

        Cache ID: GCFB00
      • L. Kevin D.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2003
          re- item 4; what's wrong with half naked? ;-)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner
          <mgessner@a...> wrote:
          > Travis County / LCRA is having a major parks cleanup with prizes, a
          > kayak giveaway, and a free lunch. We're wrapping our 'Fistful of
          > Litter' cache-in-trash-out event around it, to increase Geocaching
          > exposure to other ecologically minded folks. Because we're
          > piggybacking on their event, we have to follow their rules for
          > participation:
          >
          > 1) SIGN UP SHEET: They have a sign-up sheet for all participants.
          I'm
          > filling it out for our group. Please send the following
          information to
          > me (mgessner@a...) by 12Midnight on June 13th, for each person
          > attending:
          >
          > Name:
          > Address:
          > City:
          > State:
          > ZIP:
          > Phone:
          > Attending Lunch?: Y/N
          >
          > 2) LEGAL RELEASE: They require a legal release form. I've scanned
          and
          > posted a copy on the web. Please print, fill out and sign, and
          bring
          > with you to the event.
          > http://home.austin.rr.com/lowracer/DSC02020_1.jpg.
          >
          > 3) TICKETS: Tickets will be required to get into the park. I will
          > procure as many tickets as I have email responses to item #1 above.

          > Don't post that kind of information to the cache log.
          >
          > 4) T-SHIRTS: Will be given out AFTER we finish collecting trash.
          > avoid going around half naked, I recommend we wear the CITO shirts
          from
          > the last event.
          >
          > Any questions, give me a shout.
          > -mark
          > aka 'lowracer'
          >
          > Cache ID: GCFB00
          > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=64256
        • Mark Gessner
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2003
            Here we go again... I believe the correct answer is: "it depends on
            which half..."

            On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 12:06 PM, L. Kevin D. wrote:

            > re- item 4; what's wrong with half naked? ;-)
          • Mary Ann Laverty
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 7, 2003

              I found that I couldn't connect to the legal release using the link, but when I went to rr.com and clicked on lowracer, then DSC02020_1 it pulled up the document.  It prints out nicely.

              Grrlfrog

              2) LEGAL RELEASE: They require a legal release form.  I've scanned and
              posted a copy on the web.  Please print, fill out and sign, and bring
              with you to the event.
              http://home.austin.rr.com/lowracer/DSC02020_1.jpg.

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • The Diver
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 7, 2003
                It has a period on  the end where it shouldn't be.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 7, 2003
                  Ok, I sent you the information for the Moore9KSUcats team... 5 will
                  be there! And we are looking forward to the fun!
                  Malia & Jim