Re: Help with Geocache Administrators

  • web_ling
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2002
      > Do you think having to post a picture of yourself at a virtual
      cache as a requirement to log it is too much to ask of cachers?
      Does everyone own a digital camera? Just an idea.

      I've seen several that require a photo. However, I don't think it's
      fair to those who don't happen to have a digital camera.

      I think a better way to meet the requirements with a minimal amount
      of work keeping up with emails is to put something like this on the
      page:

      "Once you have the password, log your find, and email me the
      password. I reserve the right to delete any found log for which I do
      not receive an email with the correct password."

      The person can log their find without having to wait for a response
      from you. You can either check the emails against the logs, or
      completely ignore them. And I think the cache approvers will be
      happy.

      Rich Wendling
      aka Web-ling