Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] The British are coming.....

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
      I'm in! I bet you have something good up your sleeve, since you started caching over there!!! ;-D

      I'm up to talk about that other cache we discussed as well ...

      Happy Trails,
      Candy Lind
      candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
      Visit http://www.geocaching.com and see the great outdoors in a new way!
      Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 2:46 PM
      Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] The British are coming.....

      Anyone interested in helping me plan a traditional cache in honor of our visitors?  I have an idea.....

      Cheers!
      Grrlfrog

      Heck, we may be able to round up some volunteers to create a virtual cache or 2 at a couple of local pubs.   :)
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
        Sure!
      • Megindler@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
          I'm liking the sound of all that!
        • Grajek
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
            I don't think Texas ever fought you all in a war. Just the French and
            Mexicans. Now if you came a week after March the 2nd then we might be
            partied out. March Second is our Independence day, who has one on July
            4th? :-)

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003

              Well If Big Mo and Candy are in I have to be.

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
                You're sure you want to be around the girls that have discussed "euthanasia"?    ;o)
              • Mary Ann Laverty

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 3, 2003
                    Cool - I will get in touch with y'all off-line for a planning session :-)

                    Grrlfrog

                    Grajek <jgrajek@...> wrote:

                    Well If Big Mo and Candy are in I have to be.

                    > I would hope that as well as looking at different
                    > neighbourhoods we might
                    > just be able to hunt some tupperware too :)  .  Any
                    > of you guys like to act
                    > as cache buddy?

                    Lots of caches in lots of neighborhoods. Caching would
                    be a great way to see the city. A lot of caches are in
                    greenbelts right in the middle of neighborhoods.

                    > How about some kind of get-together or meet on the
                    > weekend of  12/13 July
                    > or will you all be partied out fro! m the celebrations
                    > of the 4th????  (we
                    > let you win you know!!!)

                    Texans? Partied out? You ain't from 'round these parts
                    are ya? :-)

                    Tony
                    Team Bohica

                    "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely." - Pam Brown

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                    "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely." - Pam Brown

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                  • Dan Miner
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 3, 2003
                      Very good. I look forward to hoisting a few pints with you.

                      - Dan

                    • Alex Alexander
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 4, 2003
                        At 22:46 02/06/2003, you wrote:
                        >Anyone interested in helping me plan a traditional cache in honor of our
                        >visitors? I have an idea.....
                        >
                        >Cheers!
                        >Grrlfrog

                        I think we would be really pleased to have a traditional cache placed in
                        our honour. Bear in mind that I guess the temperature will be almost 100
                        degrees and I fall into the "big guy" category, so not on top of a mountain
                        please :))

                        A nice tasteful drive-by, not too far from a source of amber nectar would
                        do just fine.

                        Cheers
                        Alex.
                      • Dan Miner
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 4, 2003
                          Why only 5 stages?

                          Let's rename ACS#1 in their honor (honour)! :-) ;-)

                          - Dan

                          Oh, come on, Alex! Where's your sense of adventure???? We were going to make it a five-stage multi up the 5 most scenic peaks in Central Texas!! ;-D

                          Candy Lind

                            Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 6:28 AM

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 4, 2003
                              OOH, DAN! We don't want to run them COMPLETELY away!! LOL