The British are coming.....

  • Alex Alexander
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
      Well at least one of us is. :)

      Pretty much as a result of the fantastically friendly and helpful response
      to my enquiries on this group about what the Austin area is like to live
      in, we have decided to come over and take a look for ourselves.

      We want to look at the north of Austin with the prospect of moving over
      sometime next year. We have booked tickets to fly to Houston on the 9th
      July (its $200 cheaper than flying to Austin) and will be in Texas for just
      short of a week.

      I would hope that as well as looking at different neighbourhoods we might
      just be able to hunt some tupperware too :) . Any of you guys like to act
      as cache buddy?

      How about some kind of get-together or meet on the weekend of 12/13 July
      or will you all be partied out from the celebrations of the 4th???? (we
      let you win you know!!!)

      Cheers
      Alex (Brit) & Kim (ex-MN) - Slytherin
    • Tony Fannin
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- Alex Alexander <alex.yahoogroups@...>
        wrote:

        > I would hope that as well as looking at different
        > neighbourhoods we might
        > just be able to hunt some tupperware too :) . Any
        > of you guys like to act
        > as cache buddy?

        Lots of caches in lots of neighborhoods. Caching would
        be a great way to see the city. A lot of caches are in
        greenbelts right in the middle of neighborhoods.

        > How about some kind of get-together or meet on the
        > weekend of 12/13 July
        > or will you all be partied out from the celebrations
        > of the 4th???? (we
        > let you win you know!!!)

        Texans? Partied out? You ain't from 'round these parts
        are ya? :-)

        Tony
        Team Bohica

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
          Heck, we may be able to round up some volunteers to create a virtual cache or 2 at a couple of local pubs.   :)
          > I would hope that as well as looking at different
          > neighbourhoods we might
          > just be able to hunt some tupperware too :)  .  Any
          > of you guys like to act
          > as cache buddy?

          Lots of caches in lots of neighborhoods. Caching would
          be a great way to see the city. A lot of caches are in
          greenbelts right in the middle of neighborhoods.

          > How about some kind of get-together or meet on the
          > weekend of  12/13 July
          > or will you all be partied out from the celebrations
          > of the 4th????  (we
          > let you win you know!!!)

          Texans? Partied out? You ain't from 'round these parts
          are ya? :-)

          Tony
          Team Bohica

        • Candy Lind
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
            <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
            > Well at least one of us is. :)
            >
            > Pretty much as a result of the fantastically friendly and helpful
            response
            > to my enquiries on this group about what the Austin area is like to
            live
            > in, we have decided to come over and take a look for ourselves.
            >
            > We want to look at the north of Austin with the prospect of moving
            over
            > sometime next year. We have booked tickets to fly to Houston on
            the 9th
            > July (its $200 cheaper than flying to Austin) and will be in Texas
            for just
            > short of a week.
            >
            > I would hope that as well as looking at different neighbourhoods we
            might
            > just be able to hunt some tupperware too :) . Any of you guys
            like to act
            > as cache buddy?
            >
            > How about some kind of get-together or meet on the weekend of
            12/13 July
            > or will you all be partied out from the celebrations of the
            4th???? (we
            > let you win you know!!!)
            >

            > Cheers
            > Alex (Brit) & Kim (ex-MN) - Slytherin

            I set up an event as soon as I saw your note!

            We'll work out all the details as we go and as you know more about
            your itenerary.

            Happy Trails!
            Candy
          • Mary Ann Laverty
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
              Anyone interested in helping me plan a traditional cache in honor of our visitors?  I have an idea.....

              Cheers!
              Grrlfrog

              Heck, we may be able to round up some volunteers to create a virtual cache or 2 at a couple of local pubs.   :)
              > I would hope that as well as looking at different
              > neighbourhoods we might
              > just be able to hunt some tupperware too :)  .  Any
              > of you guys like to act
              > as cache buddy?

              Lots of caches in lots of neighborhoods. Caching would
              be a great way to see the city. A lot of caches are in
              greenbelts right in the middle of neighborhoods.

              > How about some kind of get-together or meet on the
              > weekend of  12/13 July
              > or will you all be partied out from the celebrations
              > of the 4th????  (we
              > let you win you know!!!)

              Texans? Partied out? You ain't from 'round these parts
              are ya? :-)

              Tony
              Team Bohica

              "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely." - Pam Brown

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Candy Lind
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
                I'm in! I bet you have something good up your sleeve, since you started caching over there!!! ;-D

                I'm up to talk about that other cache we discussed as well ...

                Happy Trails,
                Candy Lind
                candylind@...
                I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
                Visit http://www.geocaching.com and see the great outdoors in a new way!

              • Megindler@aol.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
                  Sure!
                • Megindler@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
                    I'm liking the sound of all that!
                  • Grajek
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
                      I don't think Texas ever fought you all in a war. Just the French and
                      Mexicans. Now if you came a week after March the 2nd then we might be
                      partied out. March Second is our Independence day, who has one on July
                      4th? :-)

[...]

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • Grajek
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003

                        Well If Big Mo and Candy are in I have to be.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
                          You're sure you want to be around the girls that have discussed "euthanasia"?    ;o)
                        • Mary Ann Laverty

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 3, 2003
                              Cool - I will get in touch with y'all off-line for a planning session :-)

                              Grrlfrog

                              Grajek <jgrajek@...> wrote:

                              Well If Big Mo and Candy are in I have to be.

                              > I would hope that as well as looking at different
                              > neighbourhoods we might
                              > just be able to hunt some tupperware too :)  .  Any
                              > of you guys like to act
                              > as cache buddy?

                              Lots of caches in lots of neighborhoods. Caching would
                              be a great way to see the city. A lot of caches are in
                              greenbelts right in the middle of neighborhoods.

                              > How about some kind of get-together or meet on the
                              > weekend of  12/13 July
                              > or will you all be partied out fro! m the celebrations
                              > of the 4th????  (we
                              > let you win you know!!!)

                              Texans? Partied out? You ain't from 'round these parts
                              are ya? :-)

                              Tony
                              Team Bohica

                              "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely." - Pam Brown

                              Do you Yahoo!?

                              "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely." - Pam Brown

                              Do you Yahoo!?
                            • Dan Miner
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 3, 2003
                                Very good. I look forward to hoisting a few pints with you.

                                - Dan

                              • Alex Alexander
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 4, 2003
                                  At 22:46 02/06/2003, you wrote:
                                  >Anyone interested in helping me plan a traditional cache in honor of our
                                  >visitors? I have an idea.....
                                  >
                                  >Cheers!
                                  >Grrlfrog

                                  I think we would be really pleased to have a traditional cache placed in
                                  our honour. Bear in mind that I guess the temperature will be almost 100
                                  degrees and I fall into the "big guy" category, so not on top of a mountain
                                  please :))

                                  A nice tasteful drive-by, not too far from a source of amber nectar would
                                  do just fine.

                                  Cheers
                                  Alex.
                                • Dan Miner
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 4, 2003
                                    Why only 5 stages?

                                    Let's rename ACS#1 in their honor (honour)! :-) ;-)

                                    - Dan

                                    Oh, come on, Alex! Where's your sense of adventure???? We were going to make it a five-stage multi up the 5 most scenic peaks in Central Texas!! ;-D

                                    Candy Lind

                                      Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 6:28 AM

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 4, 2003
                                        OOH, DAN! We don't want to run them COMPLETELY away!! LOL