RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] New member

  • mpain@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 7, 2004
      Welcome Al! We have a great time, visit, hunt and in general love
      Geocaching. We are going to have two events soon. Both Geek-Fests. One for
      Mac folks and one for PC folks. If you want to get a jump start on the tech
      thing you should check those out. Plus you'll get to visit with your new
      Geo-Obsession friends.

      Lots of us use this Yahoo group to get Geocaching outings going. So if you
      have some free time coming up feel free to ask the group if anyone wants to
      come along. We recently had a group of 15 crazed Geo-Nerds out till 11:30
      pm in Walnut Creek Park. Very fun.
      Welcome!
      Shelly

      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 8, 2004
        At 00:11 09/07/2004, Candy wrote:

        >My personal "can't live without it" is the new geocache feature set built
        >into the new Garmin GPSMAP 60C anc 60CS models. It separates out Geocaches
        >from other kinds of waypoints, and once one is found, it offers you the
        >next closest one, and takes the found one off the list. Where does it go,
        >you ask? It is changed to an open treasure chest, and placed on the
        >calendar so you have a list of what caches you found, and the date you
        >found them! INDESPENSIBILE for those of us with advanced CRS disease! ;-) :-I

        Is there any way of downloading that info when you get back to base?

        alex.