Re: Hunting for Hidden Gold

  • BlazerMan
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 5, 2004
      Check the files section for a hint!

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "BlazerMan"
      <blazerman_atx@y...> wrote (on 5/20/04):
      It has come to my attention that the gold has been moved from the
      cache that I put it in. It's still out there in a geocache, I just
      don't know exactly which one it is now.

      The contest still stands:

      Find the "gold" that I hid in an Austin area geocache, log it using
      the attached instructions, and win a Texas Geocoin.

      The prize goes to the _first_ to log it using the instructions that
      are attached to the gold.

      - BlazerMan
    • BlazerMan
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 7, 2004
        The contest has been won!

        Gadget Girl found my bookcrossing book "Hunting for Hidden Gold" in
        Lost in Lakeway #5. She registered it at bookcrossing.com at 8:34AM
        this morning.

        My idea for this contest was hatched well over a year ago. The book
        was placed in Lowracer's Multiple Guess Cache on 4/30/2003. The
        contest started on 4/16/2004. The book was moved to Lost in Lakeway
        #5 around 5/20/2004 when Multiple Guess was archived. I'll be
        turning over the prize (a shiny new Texas GeoCoin) shortly.

        Congratulations!

        -----------------------------------
        From BookCrossing Journal Alerts
        Sent Wednesday, July 7, 2004 8:34 am
        To BlazerMan
        Subject New BookCrossing journal entry for Hunting for Hidden Gold
        (His Hardy Boys Mystery Stories)!

        Someone has made a new journal entry on one of your books at
        BookCrossing.com! We've displayed the entry below, but you can read
        all the
        entries at http://bookcrossing.com/journal/662399 anytime.

        Book Title: Hunting for Hidden Gold (His Hardy Boys Mystery Stories)
        Author: Franklin W. Dixon
        Wednesday, July 07, 2004

        Found this book in a Geocache called Lost in Lakeway #5. A friend of
        mine placed it there, so it could be found as part of a "gold" find!
        Now to claim the prize!!!

        By tanyamp from Austin, Texas USA
        Book Rating: out of 10

        Tell your friends! http://www.bookcrossing.com/tellafriend