RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Is GC.com down?

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
      Well put it back! Remember, Copy and paste good, cut and paste bad.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
        No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
        ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
        mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
        there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
        downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

        -mark
        On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

        > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
        > when
        > that happens.

      • Kevin Dytrich
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
          and i thought Macs were supposed to be GOOD!

          -- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer <lowracer@a...>
          wrote:
          > No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
          > ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
          > mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
          > there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
          > downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...
          >
          > -mark
          > On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:
          >
          > > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I
          hate it
          > > when
          > > that happens.

        • Alex Alexander
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
            I reckon that they shut the site down to stop Grajek from deleting his
            three smileys.

            Seriously, it is worth remembering that just like the bloggers found out,
            one day gc.com might not be there. It could all be down to the whim of one
            man.

            Back-up your caches !!!

            I'm off to Italy and Switzerland tomorrow and luckily I ran my pocket query
            last night.

            Alex.
          • mpain@swbell.net
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
              Boy - you're going to have a LOT of caching to do!

              No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
              ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
              mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
              there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
              downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

              -mark
              On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

              > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
              > when
              > that happens.

              http://mail2web.com/ .
            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                Here's the problem.

                http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm

                Boy - you're going to have a LOT of caching to do!

                No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

                -mark
                On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

                > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
                > when
                > that happens.

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Kevin Dytrich