Re: Is GC.com down?

  • Kevin Dytrich
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
      Maybe the logs from the bug infestation last night caused it. ;)

      <wlind@a...> wrote:
      > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate
      it when
      > that happens.

    • Grajek
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
        LOL. It was me sorry my bad. Thought it would be cool to have on my
        laptop.

        Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
        when
        that happens.

        > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
          Well put it back! Remember, Copy and paste good, cut and paste bad.

          LOL. It was me sorry my bad. Thought it would be cool to have on my
          laptop.

          Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
          when
          that happens.

          > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

        • lowracer
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
            No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
            ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
            mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
            there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
            downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

            -mark

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
              and i thought Macs were supposed to be GOOD!

              -- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer <lowracer@a...>
              wrote:
              > No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
              > ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
              > mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
              > there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
              > downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...
              >
              > -mark
              > On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:
              >
              > > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I
              hate it
              > > when
              > > that happens.

            • Alex Alexander
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                I reckon that they shut the site down to stop Grajek from deleting his
                three smileys.

                Seriously, it is worth remembering that just like the bloggers found out,
                one day gc.com might not be there. It could all be down to the whim of one
                man.

                Back-up your caches !!!

                I'm off to Italy and Switzerland tomorrow and luckily I ran my pocket query
                last night.

                Alex.
              • mpain@swbell.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                  Boy - you're going to have a LOT of caching to do!

                  No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                  ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                  mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                  there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                  downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

                  -mark
                  On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

                  > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
                  > when
                  > that happens.

                  http://mail2web.com/ .
                • Wayne Lind