Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Is GC.com down?

  • Henry Rohlfs
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1 7:26 AM
      Maybe the circuits are singed from yesterday's flaming in the forums.

      >>> treyb@... 7/1/2004 9:18:14 AM >>>
      I'm getting the same error too.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1 7:30 AM
        Maybe the logs from the bug infestation last night caused it. ;)

        <wlind@a...> wrote:
        > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate
        it when
        > that happens.

      • Grajek
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1 7:32 AM
          LOL. It was me sorry my bad. Thought it would be cool to have on my
          laptop.

          Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
          when
          that happens.

          > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1 7:35 AM
            Well put it back! Remember, Copy and paste good, cut and paste bad.

            LOL. It was me sorry my bad. Thought it would be cool to have on my
            laptop.

            Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
            when
            that happens.

            > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

          • lowracer
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1 7:36 AM
              No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
              ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
              mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
              there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
              downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

              -mark

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1 7:43 AM
                and i thought Macs were supposed to be GOOD!

                -- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer <lowracer@a...>
                wrote:
                > No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                > ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                > mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                > there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                > downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...
                >
                > -mark
                > On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:
                >
                > > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I
                hate it
                > > when
                > > that happens.

              • Alex Alexander
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1 7:56 AM
                  I reckon that they shut the site down to stop Grajek from deleting his
                  three smileys.

                  Seriously, it is worth remembering that just like the bloggers found out,
                  one day gc.com might not be there. It could all be down to the whim of one
                  man.

                  Back-up your caches !!!

                  I'm off to Italy and Switzerland tomorrow and luckily I ran my pocket query
                  last night.

                  Alex.
                • mpain@swbell.net
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 1 8:08 AM
                    Boy - you're going to have a LOT of caching to do!

                    No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                    ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                    mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                    there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                    downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

                    -mark
                    On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

                    > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
                    > when
                    > that happens.

                    http://mail2web.com/ .
                  • Wayne Lind