Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Is GC.com down?

  • Trey Bielefeld
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
      I'm getting the same error too.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Kevin Dytrich" <lkd53@...>
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 9:05 AM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Is GC.com down?

      > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
        Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it when
        that happens.

        > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

      • Henry Rohlfs
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
          Maybe the circuits are singed from yesterday's flaming in the forums.

          >>> treyb@... 7/1/2004 9:18:14 AM >>>
          I'm getting the same error too.

          > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

        • Kevin Dytrich
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
            Maybe the logs from the bug infestation last night caused it. ;)

            <wlind@a...> wrote:
            > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate
            it when
            > that happens.

          • Grajek
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
              LOL. It was me sorry my bad. Thought it would be cool to have on my
              laptop.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                Well put it back! Remember, Copy and paste good, cut and paste bad.

                LOL. It was me sorry my bad. Thought it would be cool to have on my
                laptop.

                Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
                when
                that happens.

                > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

              • lowracer
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                  No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                  ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                  mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                  there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                  downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

                  -mark

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                    and i thought Macs were supposed to be GOOD!

                    -- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer <lowracer@a...>
                    wrote:
                    > No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                    > ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                    > mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                    > there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                    > downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...
                    >
                    > -mark
                    > On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:
                    >
                    > > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I
                    hate it
                    > > when
                    > > that happens.

                  • Alex Alexander
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                      I reckon that they shut the site down to stop Grajek from deleting his
                      three smileys.

                      Seriously, it is worth remembering that just like the bloggers found out,
                      one day gc.com might not be there. It could all be down to the whim of one
                      man.

                      Back-up your caches !!!

                      I'm off to Italy and Switzerland tomorrow and luckily I ran my pocket query
                      last night.

                      Alex.
                    • mpain@swbell.net
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                        Boy - you're going to have a LOT of caching to do!

                        No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                        ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                        mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                        there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                        downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

                        -mark
                        On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

                        > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
                        > when
                        > that happens.

                        http://mail2web.com/ .
                      • Wayne Lind