Is GC.com down?

  • Kevin Dytrich
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
      I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.
    • Trey Bielefeld
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
        I'm getting the same error too.

        > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
          Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it when
          that happens.

          > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

        • Henry Rohlfs
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
            Maybe the circuits are singed from yesterday's flaming in the forums.

            >>> treyb@... 7/1/2004 9:18:14 AM >>>

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
              Maybe the logs from the bug infestation last night caused it. ;)

              <wlind@a...> wrote:
              > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate
              it when
              > that happens.

            • Grajek
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                LOL. It was me sorry my bad. Thought it would be cool to have on my
                laptop.

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                  Well put it back! Remember, Copy and paste good, cut and paste bad.

                  LOL. It was me sorry my bad. Thought it would be cool to have on my
                  laptop.

                  Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
                  when
                  that happens.

                  > I 'm getting the old, "Page cannot be displayed" error.

                • lowracer
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                    No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                    ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                    mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                    there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                    downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

                    -mark

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                      and i thought Macs were supposed to be GOOD!

                      -- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer <lowracer@a...>
                      wrote:
                      > No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                      > ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                      > mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                      > there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                      > downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...
                      >
                      > -mark
                      > On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:
                      >
                      > > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I
                      hate it
                      > > when
                      > > that happens.

                    • Alex Alexander
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                        I reckon that they shut the site down to stop Grajek from deleting his
                        three smileys.

                        Seriously, it is worth remembering that just like the bloggers found out,
                        one day gc.com might not be there. It could all be down to the whim of one
                        man.

                        Back-up your caches !!!

                        I'm off to Italy and Switzerland tomorrow and luckily I ran my pocket query
                        last night.

                        Alex.
                      • mpain@swbell.net
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 1, 2004
                          Boy - you're going to have a LOT of caching to do!

                          No it was me. I ran GeoToad yesterday to download all caches within
                          ten miles of my home zip, but I accidentally typed '78732' in the
                          mileage field instead of the zip field. I can't stop it because
                          there's no CTRL-C key on my keyboard. It should be finished
                          downloading in a few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

                          -mark
                          On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

                          > Some novice computer user has downloaded the internet again. I hate it
                          > when
                          > that happens.

                          http://mail2web.com/ .
                        • Wayne Lind