SporTrak battery holder (old thread, new info)

  • thediver78613
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2004
      After a period time, I couldn't hit the hole with screw either (infer
      what you wish). I didn't worry about it because the o-ring locks the
      battery compartment in tight anyway. However, I pulled the d-ring off
      of the screw. Fixed it one time then pulled it off again. After using
      a small screwdriver for awhile to get the battery compartment out, I
      called Magellan to see if I could buy (my STP is out of warranty) a
      new screw for the battery compartment. The nice lady on the phone
      asked me if I wanted a new battery compartment instead. I said sure
      and gave her my address. I did have to tell her I needed a black one
      and not the yellow one. Since I didn't need anything else, she thanked
      me and hung up. A few days later I get the battery compartment in. No
      charge. They didn't even ask for the serial number of my STP. Now I
      got my D-RING back and I can hit the hole with screw, easily (again,
      infer what you wish).

      Anyway, call Magellan and get them to send you a new battery
      compartment. I figure after a period of time the plastic holding the
      screw becomes larger causing the screw to wobble.

      Alan
      aka The Diver

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Joan Whistler"