Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Cheap Fireworks on GC.com forums

  • jgrajek@austin.rr.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 29, 2004
      My kinda deal. :-)

      My god how petty can one person be.

      Fight the power. Fight the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 29, 2004
        lowracer wrote:
        > In case you haven't made plans for watching fireworks yet,
        > there's a pretty good show going on right now on the
        > geocaching.com forums. Seems a reviewer archived the cache
        > that was placed to commemorate the first ever geocache.

        Two things occur to me. ;-)

        1. The owner is welcome to list his cache on
        http://geocaching.gpsgames.org ;-)

        2. "A great location for watching fireworks" might make a good
        locationless cache. Maybe require the spot to be "off the beaten
        path" in some way, a little known spot where you can watch the
        fireworks away from the madding crowd. Or maybe a spot that would
        make a good place for a real cache to be hidden, too. Anyway,
        http://geocaching.gpsgames.org accepts locationless caches, too. ;-)

        --
        Scout
      • Grajek
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 29, 2004
          How petty can people be? This much effort and attention to a cache
          without a log book for a couple of days? WHO THE $%*& CARES??????? As a
          protest I am going to have to delete my 3 smileys. That will show 'em
          :-)

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 29, 2004
            It gets better. Check out the logs for GCHD9C.

            - Dan (WhiteShark)

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 29, 2004
              Its gone. Totally gone. What happened?

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 29, 2004
                Never mind. Did you give the wrong GC number?

                It gets better. Check out the logs for GCHD9C.

                - Dan (WhiteShark)

              • Dan Miner
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 29, 2004
                  Jeff,

                  Ummm... It works for me. Did you cut-n-paste the "." after
                  the waypoint or some other similar mistake?

                  "Heart of Gold" by sandbassking GCHD9C
                  http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCHD9C

                  This is a treasure hunt cache where the owner places a temporary
                  cache with a certificate for $xx worth of dinner (or something)
                  and the FTF gets the certificate. Then the cache gets archived
                  (by the OWNER) until the next treasure is placed. The owner
                  temporarily archived the cache in Jan., then "Prime Approver"
                  archived it in June. Seems un-necessary to me...

                  Apparently one of the recent logs was deleted too:
                  "BCR posted a note for "Heart of Gold" (Traditional Cache) at 6/29/2004
                  Log Date: 6/29/2004
                  Does this mean Prime Approver is going to archive Dapper Dan's Treasure Chest, too?
                  "

                  Anyway - I'm not trying to stir the pot. Really, I'm not.
                  Just pointing out some similar stuff that's going on in Texas,
                  not Washington. I'll try to not say any more on the subject...

                  - Dan (WhiteShark)

                • Alex Alexander
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
                    Hi,

                    Does anyone know someone who is handy with a paint roller and perhaps
                    between jobs?

                    My renters in Georgetown are moving out on 31st July and I want to get the
                    downstairs walls painted. It isn't that much of a job, but it needs doing
                    before anyone else moves in. Airfare is over $1200 so I won't be doing it
                    myself.

                    I would rather help out someone who could do with some extra dollars in
                    their pocket and hopefully save a little myself as well.

                    Any ideas?

                    Alex. (&Kim)
                  • Michele Pain
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
                      John Edmond
                      cel 426-2419
                      This guy is great. And you'll love his accent.

                      He did major remodeling for me, handyman jobs and paints.
                      And he's reliable. Very reliable and lives in Pflugerville.

                      shelly

                      (aka Michele on Avenue G)

                      On Jun 30, 2004, at 4:40 AM, Alex Alexander wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > Does anyone know someone who is handy with a paint roller and perhaps
                      > between jobs?
                      >
                      > My renters in Georgetown are moving out on 31st July and I want to get
                      > the
                      > downstairs walls painted. It isn't that much of a job, but it needs
                      > doing
                      > before anyone else moves in. Airfare is over $1200 so I won't be
                      > doing it
                      > myself.
                      >
                      > I would rather help out someone who could do with some extra dollars in
                      > their pocket and hopefully save a little myself as well.
                      >

                      > Any ideas?
                      >
                      > Alex. (&Kim)
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Alex Alexander
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
                        At 13:38 30/06/2004, Shelly wrote:
                        >John Edmond
                        >cel 426-2419
                        >This guy is great. And you'll love his accent.
                        >
                        >He did major remodeling for me, handyman jobs and paints.
                        >And he's reliable. Very reliable and lives in Pflugerville.
                        >
                        >shelly
                        >
                        >(aka Michele on Avenue G)

                        Thanks for that. I will give him a call.

                        Alex.
                      • Grajek
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
                          I spaced out. You have to be logged in to view this one. Sorry. :-)

                          Ummm... It works for me. Did you cut-n-paste the "." after
                          the waypoint or some other similar mistake?

                          "Heart of Gold" by sandbassking GCHD9C
                          http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCHD9C

                          This is a treasure hunt cache where the owner places a temporary
                          cache with a certificate for $xx worth of dinner (or something)
                          and the FTF gets the certificate. Then the cache gets archived
                          (by the OWNER) until the next treasure is placed. The owner
                          temporarily archived the cache in Jan., then "Prime Approver"
                          archived it in June. Seems un-necessary to me...

                          Apparently one of the recent logs was deleted too:
                          "BCR posted a note for "Heart of Gold" (Traditional Cache) at 6/29/2004
                          Log Date: 6/29/2004
                          Does this mean Prime Approver is going to archive Dapper Dan's Treasure
                          Chest, too?
                          "

                          Anyway - I'm not trying to stir the pot. Really, I'm not.
                          Just pointing out some similar stuff that's going on in Texas,
                          not Washington. I'll try to not say any more on the subject...

                          - Dan (WhiteShark)

                          Yahoo! Groups Links
                        • Grajek
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004