Fawn season in Texas

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2003
      Well, it's that time of year again in Texas. The fawns will be
      dropping from now to August. We found one at "ground zero" on a cache
      hunt Sunday. TOO CUTE:

      <A HREF="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?
      ID=237384&L=1463418">the fawn we found Sunday in San Antonio</a>

      Remember that instinct keeps them in place even if you come very
      close to them. We stepped all around this little fellow/gal and
      he/she never moved more than an eyelash. As long as you don't touch
      them, mom will be back at her first opportunity to feed and protect.
      Unless you see obvious distress like injuries or swarming fire ants,
      leave them alone. And enjoy the view!

      Happy Trails,
      Candy