cache approval

  • candy8966
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 11, 2002
      I wrote to Dan directly, then decided to post here as well. There are
      several volunteers who do cache approvals. They may not be the last
      word if you have a problem. You could try writing to Jeremy (his ID
      is "irishe"), asking for specifics about why it is not approved,
      and/or if he would post a poll about it, or simply post your
      own "rant" on one of the discussion boards. If you do, you will have
      to reveal info about the cache, since no members other than yourself
      and the approvers/admins will be able to view it. Good luck, I've
      enjoyed several of your virtuals already and look forward to more of
      the local adventures you reveal!

      Happy Trails!
      Candy (moosiegirl)
    • Tim Gahagan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 12, 2002
        Seems I have seen caches before they were approved, if you know the GC
        code.....

        So if I place one, and then get the GC code, let you have it, you can query
        it and find it on the system.

        Tim

        At 12:13 AM 7/12/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >I wrote to Dan directly, then decided to post here as well. There are
        >several volunteers who do cache approvals. They may not be the last
        >word if you have a problem. You could try writing to Jeremy (his ID
        >is "irishe"), asking for specifics about why it is not approved,
        >and/or if he would post a poll about it, or simply post your
        >own "rant" on one of the discussion boards. If you do, you will have
        >to reveal info about the cache, since no members other than yourself
        >and the approvers/admins will be able to view it. Good luck, I've
        >enjoyed several of your virtuals already and look forward to more of
        >the local adventures you reveal!
        >
        >Happy Trails!
        >Candy (moosiegirl)

      • Grajek
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1 9:09 AM
          See I need to learn how to communicate my anger/frustration like this. Very well put (even without a Nazi reference).
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1 11:28 AM
            Thank you, and believe me it takes years of learning, and much restraint. I just try to keep the written work civil, and the ranting and raving verbal as I express my disgust to anyone within earshot. That way, you get it out of your system, but you don't get in trouble for your uncontrollable urge to berate the injustices you encounter in life, at least not the ones online. I was very asleep when I wrote that this morning, so I am glad it was comprehendable.

            I would have posted to the GC.com site, but I couldn't find a thread about it, so I sent it to him and to the yahoo groups. If anyone knows where the thread is on the geocaching.com site, please let me know.

            Catalyst2003
            Cindy

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1 11:41 AM
              Cindy, I have to agree with Jeff, you put that very well. Do you think you would post this to the TXGA thread that is currently going on for this?

              George's comments were well put as well. The problem with posting here on the local site is that they get no visiblility. For positive change to take place, we have to make our collective voices heard beyond central Texas.

              Wayne

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 1 12:16 PM
                Looks like another trip is on the cards for the closing of the house deal.

                We bought a place in Georgetown and I (Alex only this time) will be over to
                sign the papers on the 20th August.

                Anyone got any idea of a good way to celebrate? No baseball this time as
                the Express are on the road. I'm told they are still trying to repair the
                hole in the field that I left the last time.

                Cheers
                Alex (&Kim)
              • Grajek
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 1 5:48 PM
                  How about some virtual caches that give a look at the history of the
                  area your moving to... eerrr never mind. Maybe an event cache where we
                  get together and visit and maybe do a cache or two...eeerrrr never mind.

                  Did you all do the Bob Bullock Museum and the Imax?

                  Looks like another trip is on the cards for the closing of the house
                  deal.

                  We bought a place in Georgetown and I (Alex only this time) will be over
                  sign the papers on the 20th August.

                  Anyone got any idea of a good way to celebrate? No baseball this time
                  as
                  the Express are on the road. I'm told they are still trying to repair
                  the
                  hole in the field that I left the last time.

                  Cheers
                  Alex (&Kim)

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Alex Alexander
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 1 5:52 PM
                    At 01:48 02/08/2003, you wrote:
                    >How about some virtual caches that give a look at the history of the
                    >area your moving to... eerrr never mind. Maybe an event cache where we
                    >get together and visit and maybe do a cache or two...eeerrrr never mind.
                    >

                    >Did you all do the Bob Bullock Museum and the Imax?

                    Didn't do the museum. I'll pencil that in. We have an Imax three miles
                    from where I live so that's not on the list.

                    When we came over last month we did a bunch of historical virtuals and
                    enjoyed them all in their own way. I reckon that GC.com is down on
                    virtuals because the system is creaking under the weight of new caches and
                    this is an easy way to cut down on some of them.

                    Alex (&Kim)
                  • Grajek
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 1 6:22 PM
                      Wow, very good point. I didn't even think about that. I imagine we will
                      have something on tap. Maybe we can talk my sister and GTBevo into a
                      lake trip with boats again.

                      >How about some virtual caches that give a look at the history of the
                      >area your moving to... eerrr never mind. Maybe an event cache where we
                      >get together and visit and maybe do a cache or two...eeerrrr never
                      mind.

                      >Did you all do the Bob Bullock Museum and the Imax?

                      Didn't do the museum. I'll pencil that in. We have an Imax three miles

                      from where I live so that's not on the list.

                      When we came over last month we did a bunch of historical virtuals and
                      enjoyed them all in their own way. I reckon that GC.com is down on
                      virtuals because the system is creaking under the weight of new caches
                      and
                      this is an easy way to cut down on some of them.

                      Alex (&Kim)

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • gtbevo2000
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 3 10:57 AM
                        Hey, I'm up for it!!! Will you wear sunblock this time Grajek????

                        Also, I live in Georgetown, so if you need any help out this way,
                        just let me know.

                        GTBevo/Alyson

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
                        <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
                        > Wow, very good point. I didn't even think about that. I imagine we
                        will
                        > have something on tap. Maybe we can talk my sister and GTBevo into
                        > lake trip with boats again.

                        again