Re: Rescue Mission

  • Essiar
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
      I never looked at the actual distance of the track. I guess I need
      to figure out how to have the gps tell me the length of a track
      (route). In layman's terms, fairly long. Plan on 1 1/2 hrs if you
      don't take the wrong trail towards the end of the mission. In other
      words, 1 1/2 hours is guaranteed if I go along, maybe a bit longer
      if I don't. That's not 1 1/2 hrs of strenuous hiking, it's 1 1/2 hrs
      of nightime strolling, writing a few things down, projecting a
      point, finding and deploying the XWDB transmitter, finding the
      cache, etc. Oh yeah, it could be longer if you run into any hungry
      Revors on the trail :-).

      <wlind@a...> wrote:
      > MessageI think Candy and I will volunteer for this difficult and
      no doubt
      > fatal mission. I just need to check with Steve on the distance for
      Candy.

      GCJHKC

      > Attention intrepid Austin-Earth Explorer/Rescuers.
      >

      > I see from the notes that only Rocket Boy has successfully
      navigated this
      > treacherous path. My friend, Medical Officer TxCoolChic from the
      metropolis
      > of Dallas, Earth will be in our quadrant on Thursday night and we
      may accept
      > the challenge. A transportation officer, experienced pilot and
      provisioning
      > officer are also needed. We hope to fill out our mission team and
      blast off
      > on our rescue mission by 20:30 on Thursday. Additional personelle
      please
      > report via digital-electro-mechanism or audio - contraputator ASAP.
      >
      > Thank you to all volunteers.
      >

      > Drag

    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004

        I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

        Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our attempt to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !! All available personelle please check in.

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004

          N 30° 24.232 W 097° 40.895 is the rendezvous point.

          I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

          Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our attempt to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !! All available personelle please check in.

        • Grajek
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
            Message

            I had it about 1 mile from start to cache. Not that bad of walk save two kinda steep, but very short hills. Plus when you use two cars you don’t have to walk all the way back in the dark.

          • mpain@swbell.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
              We are meeting at the starting coordinates from the web page:
              30 24.232 97 40.895

              Looks like from the map that we'll park on Old Cedar Lane near Blue Water
              Drive.

              N 30? 24.232 W 097? 40.895 is the rendezvous point.

              I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign
              on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

              Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our attempt
              to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !! All available personelle please check in.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              http://mail2web.com/ .
            • dragnfyr
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2004
                So, how did the rescue go?? Any casualties?? Were you able to pull it
                off before the (solar) storm hit??

                Drag

                Ok, so its morning and I am bored.... :)