RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Rescue Mission

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
      I am sorry, which rescue mission are you talking about, and is everyone invited?
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
        Message
        I believe she means this one....

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
          Message
          I think Candy and I will volunteer for this difficult and no doubt fatal mission. I just need to check with Steve on the distance for Candy.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
            I never looked at the actual distance of the track. I guess I need
            to figure out how to have the gps tell me the length of a track
            (route). In layman's terms, fairly long. Plan on 1 1/2 hrs if you
            don't take the wrong trail towards the end of the mission. In other
            words, 1 1/2 hours is guaranteed if I go along, maybe a bit longer
            if I don't. That's not 1 1/2 hrs of strenuous hiking, it's 1 1/2 hrs
            of nightime strolling, writing a few things down, projecting a
            point, finding and deploying the XWDB transmitter, finding the
            cache, etc. Oh yeah, it could be longer if you run into any hungry
            Revors on the trail :-).

            <wlind@a...> wrote:
            > MessageI think Candy and I will volunteer for this difficult and
            no doubt
            > fatal mission. I just need to check with Steve on the distance for
            Candy.

            GCJHKC

            > Attention intrepid Austin-Earth Explorer/Rescuers.
            >

            > I see from the notes that only Rocket Boy has successfully
            navigated this
            > treacherous path. My friend, Medical Officer TxCoolChic from the
            metropolis
            > of Dallas, Earth will be in our quadrant on Thursday night and we
            may accept
            > the challenge. A transportation officer, experienced pilot and
            provisioning
            > officer are also needed. We hope to fill out our mission team and
            blast off
            > on our rescue mission by 20:30 on Thursday. Additional personelle
            please
            > report via digital-electro-mechanism or audio - contraputator ASAP.
            >
            > Thank you to all volunteers.
            >

            > Drag

          • Perrine Julie-ra5686
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004

              I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004

                N 30° 24.232 W 097° 40.895 is the rendezvous point.

                I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

                Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our attempt to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !! All available personelle please check in.

              • Grajek
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
                  Message

                  I had it about 1 mile from start to cache. Not that bad of walk save two kinda steep, but very short hills. Plus when you use two cars you don’t have to walk all the way back in the dark.

                • mpain@swbell.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
                    We are meeting at the starting coordinates from the web page:
                    30 24.232 97 40.895

                    Looks like from the map that we'll park on Old Cedar Lane near Blue Water
                    Drive.

                    N 30? 24.232 W 097? 40.895 is the rendezvous point.

                    I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign
                    on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

                    Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our attempt
                    to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !! All available personelle please check in.

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    http://mail2web.com/ .
                  • dragnfyr
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 3, 2004
                      So, how did the rescue go?? Any casualties?? Were you able to pull it
                      off before the (solar) storm hit??

                      Drag

                      Ok, so its morning and I am bored.... :)