Rescue Mission

  • Michele Pain
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
      Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our
      attempt to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !!

      All available personelle please check in.
    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
        I am sorry, which rescue mission are you talking about, and is everyone invited?
        Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our attempt to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !!

        All available personelle please check in.

      • dragnfyr
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
          Message
          I believe she means this one....

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
            Message
            I think Candy and I will volunteer for this difficult and no doubt fatal mission. I just need to check with Steve on the distance for Candy.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
              I never looked at the actual distance of the track. I guess I need
              to figure out how to have the gps tell me the length of a track
              (route). In layman's terms, fairly long. Plan on 1 1/2 hrs if you
              don't take the wrong trail towards the end of the mission. In other
              words, 1 1/2 hours is guaranteed if I go along, maybe a bit longer
              if I don't. That's not 1 1/2 hrs of strenuous hiking, it's 1 1/2 hrs
              of nightime strolling, writing a few things down, projecting a
              point, finding and deploying the XWDB transmitter, finding the
              cache, etc. Oh yeah, it could be longer if you run into any hungry
              Revors on the trail :-).

              <wlind@a...> wrote:
              > MessageI think Candy and I will volunteer for this difficult and
              no doubt
              > fatal mission. I just need to check with Steve on the distance for
              Candy.

              GCJHKC

              > Attention intrepid Austin-Earth Explorer/Rescuers.
              >

              > I see from the notes that only Rocket Boy has successfully
              navigated this
              > treacherous path. My friend, Medical Officer TxCoolChic from the
              metropolis
              > of Dallas, Earth will be in our quadrant on Thursday night and we
              may accept
              > the challenge. A transportation officer, experienced pilot and
              provisioning
              > officer are also needed. We hope to fill out our mission team and
              blast off
              > on our rescue mission by 20:30 on Thursday. Additional personelle
              please
              > report via digital-electro-mechanism or audio - contraputator ASAP.
              >
              > Thank you to all volunteers.
              >

              > Drag

            • Perrine Julie-ra5686
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004

                I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004

                  N 30° 24.232 W 097° 40.895 is the rendezvous point.

                  I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

                  Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our attempt to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !! All available personelle please check in.

                • Grajek
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
                    Message

                    I had it about 1 mile from start to cache. Not that bad of walk save two kinda steep, but very short hills. Plus when you use two cars you don’t have to walk all the way back in the dark.

                  • mpain@swbell.net
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
                      We are meeting at the starting coordinates from the web page:
                      30 24.232 97 40.895

                      Looks like from the map that we'll park on Old Cedar Lane near Blue Water
                      Drive.

                      N 30? 24.232 W 097? 40.895 is the rendezvous point.

                      I have some overdue cache work that I HAVE to do, but if I were to sign
                      on, are you meeting at the starting coordinates or someplace else?

                      Word of an interstellar heat wave has prompted us to move up our attempt
                      to 8:30 WEDNESDAY NIGHT! !! All available personelle please check in.

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      http://mail2web.com/ .
                    • dragnfyr
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2004
                        So, how did the rescue go?? Any casualties?? Were you able to pull it
                        off before the (solar) storm hit??

                        Drag

                        Ok, so its morning and I am bored.... :)