Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Cooling off

  • Michele Pain
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
      The only thing better than a week in Maine during Lobster Festival is
      leaving there and going to the Sierras and soaking in one of the many
      wonderful Hot Springs...

      Next-

      On Jun 1, 2004, at 9:10 PM, Essiar wrote:

      > I was just telling Jigada today how awesome it would be to have a
      > summer home in Maine. I can't think of anything that sounds better
      > than spending the week during August in Maine that is the Lobster
      > Festival!
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
      > <candylind@e...> wrote:
      > > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
      > really
      > > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
      > spring ...
      > > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
      > Better
      > > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
      > > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
      > Wayne's
      > > folks again ... ;-D
      > >
      > > Candy
      > >
      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
      > > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
      > > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
      > location
      > > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
      > > >
      > > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
      > > >
      > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander

      > > > home. :)

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > <image.tiff>
      > <image.tiff>

      > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

    • dragnfyr
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
        Message
        Thats strange, some of my most vivid memories of Maine are walking down the snow tunnels to the outhouse when I was a kid.... I guess its a matter of perspective.... :)

        Drag

        <candylind@e...> wrote:
        > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
        really
        > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
        spring ...
        > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
        Better
        > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
        > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
        Wayne's
        > folks again ... ;-D
        >
        > Candy
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
        > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
        > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
        location
        > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
        > >
        > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
        > >
        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
        > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
        > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
        > > > Fair Feels Like
        > > > 105°F
        > > >
        > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
        > > home. :)
        > > >
        > > > Alex (&Amy)

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <image.tiff>
        <image.tiff>

        • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
          Message
          Up hill both ways no doubt.

          <candylind@e...> wrote:
          > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
          really
          > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
          spring ...
          > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
          Better
          > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
          > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
          Wayne's
          > folks again ... ;-D
          >
          > Candy
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
          > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
          > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
          location
          > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
          > >
          > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
          > >
          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
          > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
          > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
          > > > Fair Feels Like
          > > > 105°F
          > > >
          > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
          > > home. :)
          > > >
          > > > Alex (&Amy)

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <image.tiff>
          <image.tiff>

          * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

        • Aphrael
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
            Omg I do not know this man.... Honey no outhouse stories please.. they were bad the first time I heard them...:):):):)

            Up hill both ways no doubt.

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
              Message
              No, that was going to school.... I could look out my front door and see the school.... only problem with it was I lived on one hill (seemed like a mountain when I was a kid) and the school was on another.... So we walked uphill going to and coming home from school.... But at least I had company, I am from a large family....

              Drag

              PS...  I do remember going lobster "fishing" with my uncle Ray..... Now a days I think they call that poaching though.....

              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                Message
                I love you baby.... its OK, we have plumbing nowadays....

                Drag

                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                  Message
                  You definately need to put a name to this town! It sounds exactly like the town my dad was born and raised in. Even the snow tunnels.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                    Message
                    Listen my children and you shall hear,
                    Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
                    Up out of bed and across the floor,
                    Hundred yard dash to the outhouse door.

                    Poet Unknown.
                    I love you baby.... its OK, we have plumbing nowadays....

                    Drag

                    Omg I do not know this man.... Honey no outhouse stories please.. they were bad the first time I heard them...:):):):)

                  • Henry Rohlfs
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 2, 2004
                      Oh man Michelle, now you got me thinking of hiking the Pacific Crest
                      Trail! Beautiful mountains, warm afternoons and cool evenings. And the
                      trout fishing is great!

                      >>> mpain@... 6/1/2004 9:35:23 PM >>>

                    • Essiar
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 2, 2004
                        Aug 4 - 8. How much lobster can you eat while you cache?
                        http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Rohlfs"