[CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Cooling off

  • Henry Rohlfs
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
      Candy, my folks live in Lake Havasu City, AZ, where it reaches 120
      degrees regularly throughout the summer. Even though it's a dry heat,
      IT'S STILL REALLY HOT! And sometimes it actually cools down to the 90's
      in the evening.

      I'm just enjoying the air conditioned comfort of my office and I'm not
      looking forward to the time between leaving the office for home and when
      the car's air conditioner finally gets cold enough.

      >>> candylind@... 6/1/2004 12:46:09 PM >>>
      Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I really
      enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG spring ...
      maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work? Better
      yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
      when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit Wayne's
      folks again ... ;-D

      Candy
    • Essiar
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
        Heat got you down? Go do the new night cache! GCJHKC

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Rohlfs"
        <henry@p...> wrote:
        > Candy, my folks live in Lake Havasu City, AZ, where it reaches 120
        > degrees regularly throughout the summer. Even though it's a dry
        heat,
        > IT'S STILL REALLY HOT! And sometimes it actually cools down to the
        90's
        > in the evening.
        >
        > I'm just enjoying the air conditioned comfort of my office and I'm
        not
        > looking forward to the time between leaving the office for home
        and when
        > the car's air conditioner finally gets cold enough.

        > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
        really
        > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
        spring ...
        > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
        Better
        > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
        > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
        Wayne's
        > folks again ... ;-D
        >
        > Candy
      • Essiar
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
          I was just telling Jigada today how awesome it would be to have a
          summer home in Maine. I can't think of anything that sounds better
          than spending the week during August in Maine that is the Lobster
          Festival!

          <candylind@e...> wrote:
          > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
          really
          > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
          spring ...
          > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
          Better
          > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
          > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
          Wayne's
          > folks again ... ;-D
          >
          > Candy
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
          > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
          > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
          location
          > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
          > >
          > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
          > >
          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
          > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
          > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
          > > > Fair Feels Like
          > > > 105°F
          > > >
          > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
          > > home. :)
          > > >
          > > > Alex (&Amy)
        • Michele Pain
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
            The only thing better than a week in Maine during Lobster Festival is
            leaving there and going to the Sierras and soaking in one of the many
            wonderful Hot Springs...

            Next-

            On Jun 1, 2004, at 9:10 PM, Essiar wrote:

            > I was just telling Jigada today how awesome it would be to have a
            > summer home in Maine. I can't think of anything that sounds better
            > than spending the week during August in Maine that is the Lobster
            > Festival!
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
            > <candylind@e...> wrote:
            > > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
            > really
            > > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
            > spring ...
            > > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
            > Better
            > > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
            > > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
            > Wayne's
            > > folks again ... ;-D
            > >
            > > Candy
            > >
            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
            > > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
            > > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
            > location
            > > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
            > > >
            > > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
            > > >
            > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander

            > > > home. :)

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > <image.tiff>
            > <image.tiff>

            > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

          • dragnfyr
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
              Message
              Thats strange, some of my most vivid memories of Maine are walking down the snow tunnels to the outhouse when I was a kid.... I guess its a matter of perspective.... :)

              Drag

              <candylind@e...> wrote:
              > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
              really
              > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
              spring ...
              > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
              Better
              > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
              > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
              Wayne's
              > folks again ... ;-D
              >
              > Candy
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
              > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
              > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
              location
              > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
              > >
              > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
              > >
              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
              > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
              > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
              > > > Fair Feels Like
              > > > 105°F
              > > >
              > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
              > > home. :)
              > > >
              > > > Alex (&Amy)

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <image.tiff>
              <image.tiff>

              • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                Message
                Up hill both ways no doubt.

                <candylind@e...> wrote:
                > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                really
                > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                spring ...
                > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                Better
                > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                Wayne's
                > folks again ... ;-D
                >
                > Candy
                >
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                location
                > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                > >
                > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                > >
                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
                > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                > > > Fair Feels Like
                > > > 105°F
                > > >
                > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
                > > home. :)
                > > >
                > > > Alex (&Amy)

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <image.tiff>
                <image.tiff>

                * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

              • Aphrael
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                  Omg I do not know this man.... Honey no outhouse stories please.. they were bad the first time I heard them...:):):):)

                  Up hill both ways no doubt.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                    Message
                    No, that was going to school.... I could look out my front door and see the school.... only problem with it was I lived on one hill (seemed like a mountain when I was a kid) and the school was on another.... So we walked uphill going to and coming home from school.... But at least I had company, I am from a large family....

                    Drag

                    PS...  I do remember going lobster "fishing" with my uncle Ray..... Now a days I think they call that poaching though.....

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                      Message
                      I love you baby.... its OK, we have plumbing nowadays....

                      Drag

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                        Message
                        You definately need to put a name to this town! It sounds exactly like the town my dad was born and raised in. Even the snow tunnels.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                          Message
                          Listen my children and you shall hear,
                          Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
                          Up out of bed and across the floor,
                          Hundred yard dash to the outhouse door.

                          Poet Unknown.

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 2, 2004
                            Oh man Michelle, now you got me thinking of hiking the Pacific Crest
                            Trail! Beautiful mountains, warm afternoons and cool evenings. And the
                            trout fishing is great!

                            >>> mpain@... 6/1/2004 9:35:23 PM >>>

                          • Essiar
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 2, 2004
                              Aug 4 - 8. How much lobster can you eat while you cache?
                              http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/