Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] So does anyone want to meet up before the event for caching?

  • Alex Alexander
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
      At 03:42 22/05/2004, you wrote:
      >I'm referring to "The British Are Coming (with passports).

      You will have plenty of time for caching before the event. It will be
      between 4 and 5 years before we get US passports.

      Alex.
    • Henry Rohlfs
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
        LOL! And to think I spent the afternoon babysitting ribs and chicken on
        the smoker!

        >>> thediver@... 5/31/2004 3:22:08 PM >>>
        Welcome to Texas! The summer is just getting started.

        Alex Alexander wrote:
        > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
        > Fair Feels Like
        > 105°F
        >
        > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came home.
        :)

        > Alex (&Amy)

      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
          Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I really
          enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG spring ...
          maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work? Better
          yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
          when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit Wayne's
          folks again ... ;-D

          Candy

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
          <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
          > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet location
          > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
          >
          > It's finally geocaching weather!!
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
          > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
          > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
          > > Fair Feels Like
          > > 105°F
          > >
          > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
          > home. :)
          > >
          > > Alex (&Amy)
        • Henry Rohlfs
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
            Candy, my folks live in Lake Havasu City, AZ, where it reaches 120
            degrees regularly throughout the summer. Even though it's a dry heat,
            IT'S STILL REALLY HOT! And sometimes it actually cools down to the 90's
            in the evening.

            I'm just enjoying the air conditioned comfort of my office and I'm not
            looking forward to the time between leaving the office for home and when
            the car's air conditioner finally gets cold enough.

            >>> candylind@... 6/1/2004 12:46:09 PM >>>
            Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I really
            enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG spring ...
            maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work? Better
            yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
            when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit Wayne's
            folks again ... ;-D

            Candy
          • Essiar
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
              Heat got you down? Go do the new night cache! GCJHKC

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Rohlfs"
              <henry@p...> wrote:
              > Candy, my folks live in Lake Havasu City, AZ, where it reaches 120
              > degrees regularly throughout the summer. Even though it's a dry
              heat,
              > IT'S STILL REALLY HOT! And sometimes it actually cools down to the
              90's
              > in the evening.
              >
              > I'm just enjoying the air conditioned comfort of my office and I'm
              not
              > looking forward to the time between leaving the office for home
              and when
              > the car's air conditioner finally gets cold enough.

              > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
              really
              > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
              spring ...
              > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
              Better
              > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
              > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
              Wayne's
              > folks again ... ;-D
              >
              > Candy
            • Essiar
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                I was just telling Jigada today how awesome it would be to have a
                summer home in Maine. I can't think of anything that sounds better
                than spending the week during August in Maine that is the Lobster
                Festival!

                <candylind@e...> wrote:
                > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                really
                > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                spring ...
                > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                Better
                > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                Wayne's
                > folks again ... ;-D
                >
                > Candy
                >
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                location
                > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                > >
                > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                > >
                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
                > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                > > > Fair Feels Like
                > > > 105°F
                > > >
                > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
                > > home. :)
                > > >
                > > > Alex (&Amy)
              • Michele Pain
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                  The only thing better than a week in Maine during Lobster Festival is
                  leaving there and going to the Sierras and soaking in one of the many
                  wonderful Hot Springs...

                  Next-

                  On Jun 1, 2004, at 9:10 PM, Essiar wrote:

                  > I was just telling Jigada today how awesome it would be to have a
                  > summer home in Maine. I can't think of anything that sounds better
                  > than spending the week during August in Maine that is the Lobster
                  > Festival!
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
                  > <candylind@e...> wrote:
                  > > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                  > really
                  > > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                  > spring ...
                  > > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                  > Better
                  > > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                  > > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                  > Wayne's
                  > > folks again ... ;-D
                  > >
                  > > Candy
                  > >
                  > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                  > > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                  > > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                  > location
                  > > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                  > > >
                  > > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander

                  > > > home. :)

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  > <image.tiff>
                  > <image.tiff>

                  > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

                • dragnfyr
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                    Message
                    Thats strange, some of my most vivid memories of Maine are walking down the snow tunnels to the outhouse when I was a kid.... I guess its a matter of perspective.... :)

                    Drag

                    <candylind@e...> wrote:
                    > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                    really
                    > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                    spring ...
                    > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                    Better
                    > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                    > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                    Wayne's
                    > folks again ... ;-D
                    >
                    > Candy
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                    > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                    > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                    location
                    > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                    > >
                    > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                    > >
                    > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                    > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
                    > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                    > > > Fair Feels Like
                    > > > 105°F
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
                    > > home. :)
                    > > >
                    > > > Alex (&Amy)

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <image.tiff>
                    <image.tiff>

                    • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                  • Wayne Lind
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                      Message
                      Up hill both ways no doubt.

                      <candylind@e...> wrote:
                      > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                      really
                      > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                      spring ...
                      > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                      Better
                      > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                      > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                      Wayne's
                      > folks again ... ;-D
                      >
                      > Candy
                      >
                      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                      > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                      > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                      location
                      > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                      > >
                      > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                      > >
                      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                      > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
                      > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                      > > > Fair Feels Like
                      > > > 105°F
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
                      > > home. :)
                      > > >
                      > > > Alex (&Amy)

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <image.tiff>
                      <image.tiff>

                      * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                    • Aphrael
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                        Omg I do not know this man.... Honey no outhouse stories please.. they were bad the first time I heard them...:):):):)

                        Up hill both ways no doubt.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                          Message
                          No, that was going to school.... I could look out my front door and see the school.... only problem with it was I lived on one hill (seemed like a mountain when I was a kid) and the school was on another.... So we walked uphill going to and coming home from school.... But at least I had company, I am from a large family....

                          Drag

                          PS...  I do remember going lobster "fishing" with my uncle Ray..... Now a days I think they call that poaching though.....

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                            Message
                            I love you baby.... its OK, we have plumbing nowadays....

                            Drag

                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                              Message
                              You definately need to put a name to this town! It sounds exactly like the town my dad was born and raised in. Even the snow tunnels.

                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                                Message
                                Listen my children and you shall hear,
                                Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
                                Up out of bed and across the floor,
                                Hundred yard dash to the outhouse door.

                                Poet Unknown.

                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 2, 2004
                                  Oh man Michelle, now you got me thinking of hiking the Pacific Crest
                                  Trail! Beautiful mountains, warm afternoons and cool evenings. And the
                                  trout fishing is great!

                                  >>> mpain@... 6/1/2004 9:35:23 PM >>>

                                • Essiar
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 2, 2004
                                    Aug 4 - 8. How much lobster can you eat while you cache?
                                    http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/